Principal Engineer - Security Systems Architect SDWAN
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What you'll Do
We're looking for a bright and motivated Principal Engineer to join the SD-WAN security development team. As part of this team you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments on developing industry leading security solution. You will be the lead architect to innovate in integrate and cloud security space and play key role in SASE transition.
Who You'll Work With
SD-WAN is one of the most successful businesses within Cisco with dominant position in field. SD-WAN Security team is responsible of designing and developing the SD-WAN integrated security solution and innovating in SASE transition with Cloud security.
Who You Are
* Lead architect to develop system architecture, design and develop software for SD-WAN security solution
* Play key role in defining product roadmap
* Collaborate closely with architects from various cross functional teams
* Strong ability and desire to learn new technologies and capability to drive innovation are absolute must
* Direct engagement with customer to provide support and understand customer needs
* You must be motivated, driven and a team player. You should be willing to learn quickly and be enthusiastic about working on a wide range of product areas. Strong communication skills are essential.
* Play technical mentor role
* Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with min. 12 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with min. 14 yrs related experience
* In depth and hands-on experience on integrating security products and/or Cloud security products is must
* Understanding of SD-WAN solution is a plus
* Large embedded networking system architecture, software design and development experience is a must
* Proficient on C, C++, Java and other modern programming languages/technologies
* Experience with Embedded OS is a must, Linux experience is a plus
* Experience with writing data plane for various Network Processors is a plus
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl and Python is desirable.
* In-depth understanding of layer-3, layer-4 technologies and services are strongly preferred.
* Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
* Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.