Principal Engineer - SDWAN
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Internet became a reality because of Cisco and its intelligent innovations in WAN engineering over multiple decades. We are reinventing WAN now and disrupting the market. If you love the challenge of building a highly scalable intelligent distributed system, then please join the party. We are abstracting WAN infrastructure and programmatically building a highly flexible controller-based software defined solution to provide intent based networking. Our solutions provide secure connectivity to user & device from anywhere in the world to their favorite application running in cloud, on premise or as SaaS. We give the opportunity to learn and innovate in a vast technology space of Routing, Security, Analytics, Telemetry, Distributed System, Machine learning and endless other areas. We strive to create an open and transparent culture where we embrace new ideas with open arms.
Join us and be part of the high energy team, help transform and build intelligent internet.
What You'll Do
Our SDWAN Security Engineering team is responsible for a critical surface area in securing the SDWAN fabric that operates globally at a massive scale. You will work on various ground-breaking security technologies in Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting cloud infrastructure and applications. You will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge networking and security technologies in the area of SDWAN.
Who You'll Work With
You will participate in many creative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a dynamic engineering environment. Our team values collaboration, learning, focus on impact and sweating the details. In a typical day, you might investigate a technical problem, work through a design with your team, build a tool for customers, investigate an area of code you might want to improve, or figure how to scale the system while maintaining a high quality bar.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers and Architects on roadmaps and priorities to build the next generation of SDWAN controller infrastructure.
- Distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions. Be responsible for the performance and results of engineering team.
- Mentor and guide junior team members in a player-coach model.
- Investigate and fix customer issues. Have empathy and deep attention to detail.
- Help raise the quality bar to avoid customer issues in an agile and incremental model.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience
- 15+ years of experience building and owning multi-threaded, distributed backend systems
- Development experience in Java/Scala/Golang, C, Python/Shell
- Good knowledge in Network Security domain and deployments highly desirable
- Experience with OS, Db internals, search, filesystems, inter-process messaging, networking and Security concepts
- Cloud and container technologies experience is a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.