Principal Engineer - Data Analytic
Location:Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
Who You'll Work With
How often do you say - "I am on Webex". Webex is synonymous with meetings and collaboration. Webex is world's largest collaboration product hosting more than 6 Billion minutes a month and is operated out of 24 data centers worldwide. Webex analytic platform team within Cisco's Cloud Collaboration Technology Group is one of the engines that powers collaborations products and services like Webex Meetings. This team is responsible for building the analytic platform by using Big data and machine learning technologies. The team is also responsible for analyze the data generated from Webex product environment, cloud infrastructure and Wexbex client to help improving our customer experience.
In this role as Principal Engineer, you will be the key talent to define, design, build the Webex analytic platform, plan/implement the data governance, build up data warehouse and analyze Webex data for internal/external customer. The Webex analytic platform also integrates with Webex cloud service platform to support all Webex services reach the agreed service level target.
What You'll Do
- Define and design the overall architecture of data analytic platform;
- Drive architecture and data engineering capabilities in the data analytical platform;
- Lead data engineers and data scientists, articulate business requirements and effectively translate into technical implementation plans;
- Lead the design for application solutions that will solve data analytic needs;
- Provide technical expertise to engineering teams.
Who You Are
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in technology and data relevant disciplines;
- More than 15 years software development experience with proven track record acting as the architect/leader of large distributed software system;
- No less than 8 year experiences in Big Data solution delivery;
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English;
- Experience in SDLC, Agile, and test driven software development methodologies;
- Advanced skills/experience in database systems or data warehousing, data analysis, ETL, solutions design;
- Expert level knowledge with Hadoop, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Kafka, Spark, HIVE, HBase, MySQL, etc;
- Proficiency in Programming languages including but not limited to Java, Python, Scala, PySpark, etc;
- Experience with designing enterprise solutions built on Big Data architecture;
- Solid background in data integration, staging, quality and distribution;
- Experienced in design and implement data API’s to build data services;
- Experienced in designing and developing SQL query engine is a big plus;
- Able to provide consulting on data architecture / modeling across the organization;
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.