Principal Engineer, Cloud Security
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $300M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with high double digit YoY growth in SaaS recurring revenue. The team is playing a crucial part in leading breakthrough cloud-delivered security capabilities to the thousands of Cisco’s current and future customers worldwide.
Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our cloud delivered services cover a wide spectrum of security services spanning - Secure Internet Gateway, DNS security, CASB, etc.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with creative ideas, world-class research and unrivalled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work.
Who are you ?
- Good hands-on exposure to building, operating, and scaling large SaaS services
- Strong hands-on expertise in typical PaaS and IaaS platforms, such as Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Good exposure to networking applications with strong knowledge of most common Layer 4-7 protocols.
- Fluent and confident communication skills: both with external parties (customers, partners) and executive stakeholders.
- Proven leadership ability with clear strategic vision and thought leadership
- Good technical leadership skills, capable of mentoring senior and junior engineers
- Good hands-on coding skills in one or more common programming languages (Python, C, C++, Java).
- Capable of evaluating solutions suggested by the team and driving the right course of action through in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
- Foster innovation – proactively identify and encourage new ideas.
- Capable of rapid prototyping/evaluation of innovative solutions.
- Background in software optimization and performance analysis.
- Strong expertise in typical SDLC practices, and ability to influence SDLC strategy.
- Domain familiarity with Information Security / SOC2 / SRE functions.
What you will do:
- Act as a primary technical point of contact for the DNS security capabilities of the Cisco Umbrella product.
- Support and accelerate scalability, reliability and performance improvement in the product.
- Mentor engineers in the group and promote engineering excellence.
- Own long-term architectural direction for the product and top-level purview of the data and control planes.
- Support innovation and rapid prototyping in the product. Promote innovation opportunities and partners closely with Product Management on providing top notch product experience.
- Improve and recommend best SDLC practices.
- Partner with like-minded architects across Cisco on new product opportunities and broad initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and root cause critical customer problems as needed.