Principal Engineer - Cloud Engineering
Location:Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
Who You'll Work With
How often do you say - "I am on Webex". Webex is synonymous with meetings and collaboration. Webex is world's largest collaboration product hosting more than 6 Billion minutes a month and is operated out of 24 data centers worldwide. The Cloud Platform Engineering and Operations team within Cisco's Cloud Collaboration Technology Group is the engine that powers collaborations products and services like Webex Meetings. This team is responsible for building, monitoring, scaling and securing the Infrastructure and Platform services on which Webex is built.
In this role as Principal Engineer, you will be the key talent to define, design, build the Platform on which all production Webex services run on. This platform does everything from infrastructure bring-up, automated deployments, monitoring to diagnostics, big data analytics and troubleshooting. The Platform team also develops the IaaS and PaaS layer which are the foundation for all Webex services.
What You'll Do
- Define, analyze, plan, design, implement services operation platform and ensure that all services are appropriate for the agreed service level targets for availability;
- Provide expert hands-on technical support and guidance to the Technical Management teams and support teams;
- Delivery specific operation services within the agreed service levels;
- Perform solution, system design reviews to support running business, provide guidance towards service improvements, service transition and cost efficiency;
- Implement CI/CD, promote automation and intelligence of system operation;
- Optimize existing system architecture; improve the usability and operation efficiency;
- Provide solution for problems such as serious incidents, performance bottleneck of operation platform;
- Coaching and mentoring development team from technology perspective.
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree (or above) in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields;
- High standard of English communication skills, both orally and written;
- With more than 20 years software development experience with at least 8 years proven track record acting as the architect/leader of large distributed software system;
- Knowledge of DevOps theory, proven DevOps practice; familiar with DevOps tool chain and ecosystem;
- Solid background of cloud computing technology such as OpenStack, VMWare, AWS；
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes；
- Proficient in design patterns, familiar with service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other common software architecture;
- Have practical service planning and service granularity experience; Be good at designing reusable components;
- Proven skills in large scale operation and maintenance system design and development;
- Experience of operation tools development;
- Proven skills in designing and developing testing and monitoring frameworks, CMDB ,SQL/NOSQL solution, service management, service onboarding automation;
- Experience in call chain tracking, APM;
- Experience of working on agile driven projects;
- Knowledge of active-active or active-standby across data centers is a plus;
- Experience of Hadoop/Spark/Flink/Storm/Elasticsearch/Kafka is a plus;
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.