Principal Engineer- ASIC Design Verification
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Design Verification PE will technically lead all full-chip verification efforts (simulation, emulation, lab bring-up) from the very early stages of architecture definition and all the way thru the mass production of the chip in targeted Cisco systems. Solid line run a small team of logic design verification engineers focusing on top-level DV and dotted-line manage a larger team of design verification engineers executing top-level DV; Drive DV methodology, verification execution, infrastructure development and lab bring-up. As part of that role you’ll plan, track and facilitate execution of complex ASIC verification efforts including simulation and emulation; you’ll provide technical guidance to verification leads and engineers, ensure timely completion of projects and achieve high quality bug free silicon.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll report to the chip lead who is fully responsibility for the entire ASIC development effort (design, DV, PD, qualification) and work closely with leads of peer teams including: Architecture, Design, Verification, HW, Diags, SW.
WHO YOU ARE
- You will have a BS or MS degree in either EE or CS and have a minimum of 10 years of relevant management experience in verification of high performance networking ASICs.
- You will have a consistent track record as a technical lead for complex verification efforts.
- Good familiarity with all modern ASIC verification methods, including simulation/SystemVerilog/UVM, Emulation
- Hands-on expertise in one or more of UVM infrastructure development, emulation, lab bring-up
- Proven track record in planning and budgeting for ASIC verification efforts including all aspects of tools, servers, disks, lab, etc.
- Must also have a good understanding of all phases of front-end development in ASIC projects, including ASIC architecture, micro-architecture, RTL design, verification, timing closure, physical design and lab validation. Experience in high performance networking silicon is highly desired.
- You will be a confirmed leader, be able to build and lead teams in a combination of solid and dotted line management.
- Consistent track record in planning and budgeting for ASIC verification efforts including all aspects of tools, servers, disks, lab, etc.
- Ability to scope an ASIC verification program end to end
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to pull-up their sleeves and dive into hands-on work in any aspect of the program that is facing challenges towards a prompt and effective resolution
- Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco