Pre-sales Systems Engineering Manager, US Public Sector
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security
Why you'll love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired to do.
What You'll Do
Are you driven, always stepping up and taking initiative? Have people, customer, and industry focused technical sales acumen with a background of knowledge around Cisco, its partners, the market, and the industry? Enjoy collaborating with Sales Leadership (VP, OD, RM, etc.), Technical Leadership and extended team to build and align technical and business strategies to drive revenue growth? If so, we invite you to apply to the Systems Engineering Manager role for our US Public Sector Virtual sales teams. In this role, you will:
- Work strategically with our USPS Leadership team to develop strategies and execute programs supporting territory goals.
- Analyze metrics to provide keen insights into trends in the business, marketplace, and industry
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as needed
- Interact with field partners to align our vision and strategy to the local region
- Lead multi-functional projects within your area of responsibility
- Actively seek feedback on the teams and your own contributions; recognize capabilities and take initiative to continually improve
- Advocate for continual improvement in customer experience to increase brand loyalty for Cisco
Who You'll Work With
You will be working with Cisco directors, regional managers, account managers, systems engineers and partners to plan sales strategy, drive programs and initiatives, and continually improve the customer experience in order to drive loyalty to Cisco.
Who You Are
- Experienced in developing knowledge of business economics of various industries and vertical markets, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Can establish collaborative relationships built on trust and dedication; developing relationships at multiple levels within the business and customer accounts. Remain abreast of internetworking industry directional shifts, new solutions, and the product and solution competitive landscape
- We seek a Servant Leadership mentality
- Develop team members’ capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives
- Drive account and resource planning for region and actively collaborate with cross-functional leadership to track plans and course correct as necessary
- Drive business results.
- Communicate a clear vision and develop a strategy that encourages and empowers the team to execute within a common framework
- Able to get things done without direct line authority; able to exercise personal influence and resolve conflict
- Build the capabilities needed to deliver the team's short and long-term goals, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent from both internal and external pools
- Support team members by providing openness and information during organizational changes
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including experienced executive communication and presentation skills.
Our expectations for this role:
Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent with 7 -10+ years related technical sales industry experience and 2-5 years management experience (or proven leadership of technical teams)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, and where we bring our talents to work as a team to make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we're passionate about the give and take. We give our best while giving our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
We will ensure that all individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.