Pre-sales Systems Engineering Manager, US Public Sector
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security
Everything is converging on the Internet, making secure interconnectedness more meaningful than ever. At Cisco, we take ground-breaking, creative ideas from the drawing board to our customers providing dynamic solutions with real world impact. We care about our customers, enjoy having fun, and love changing lives in our local communities. Come join our team!
This is a Sales Engineering Manager role supporting our Global Virtual Sales – US Public Sector team. The core responsibilities include: collaborating with Sales Leadership to develop strategies and tactics for delivering results in driving growth in our territories; challenging the team to grow their knowledge, skills, and careers, taking them to new heights; working to analyze markets, results, data, and metrics to constantly evaluate and make necessary changes to keep us ahead of the market; and providing technical acuity and business savvy insights to our key stakeholders to aid in their decision making.
If this sounds exciting, we encourage you to apply!
Background for Success
We seek someone with a Servant Leadership mentality, an empowering leadership style critical for our matrixed organization, passionate about exciting and developing team members to strive for more in support of career goals. Establish collaborative relationships built on trust and dedication; developing those relationships at multiple levels within the business and customer accounts will help you get ahead. Remaining abreast of directional shifts in the industry, new solutions, and the competitive landscape is quintessential to drive the organization forward. Some other tools of the trade include:
- Communicating a clear vision and strategy that encourages and empowers the team to execute at a high level, guiding the team through all change and challenges
- Ability to get things done without direct line authority; able to exercise personal influence and unify disparate points of view
- Build the capabilities needed to deliver the team's short and long-term goals, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent from both internal and external pools
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including experienced executive communication and presentation skills.
- Drive account and resource planning for the region. Get results.
Proven experience in sales, leading technical teams, and a background in technology will help set you apart from the rest. For example, having a BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent along with 7 -10+ years related technical sales experience and 2-5 years management experience or demonstrable leadership of technical teams.
Additional Information - We Look After Our People
At Cisco, diversity lay at the core of our identity. Whether looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Cisco is the type of company where you can balance outstanding work with a fulfilling life. We offer phenomenal benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match your donations of money and time
- 40 hours each year to volunteer with organizations you love
- Embracing parenthood with robust parental leave
Cisco is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics other than the ability to do the job. We will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.