Pre-sales Systems Engineer US Commercial
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Do you have a passion for technology and the innate ability to help people of any background understand how it can change, enhance, or completely redefine their way of doing business? Do you like analyzing business trends to help your customers identify what’s around the corner? Do you love helping your customers and your team figure out how things work and making the impossible a reality?
If this describes you, then you’ll love your role as a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer working with our Virtual Sales Account Managers! In this technical role, you'll work with customers, partners, account managers, and your fellow systems engineers to paint a vision of future success and the technology that will help take the customer there. You will translate complex technology into business relevant solutions and designs that will positively impact the customer for years to come.
Who You'll Work With
Now is the time to be a Systems Engineer with the Global Virtual Sales team at Cisco, one of our fastest growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales! This is a diverse, motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth, adapts quickly to market changes, and flourishes in driving the marketplace.
We are passionate about connecting our customers with solutions that transform their businesses and change the world for the better.
We foster success through mentorship, training and on-the-job learning will propel your career development and advancement.
We are dynamic a collaborative, global team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day.
We care regularly giving back to our local communities through team and individual volunteering opportunities.
Who You Are
You are driven with a customer first approach and are passionate about technology. We seek innovators, change-makers, and creative thinkers who can improve communities and enterprises through delivery of innovative designs and business-relevant, technical solutions. You thrive on teamwork and enjoy developing relationships.
Our desired requirements for this role:
- Instinctive curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Ease in embracing complexity and a natural team player
- Science, Technology, Economics or Mathematics related major
- 3-5 years of industry related experience, ideally in a pre-sales role
- Knowledge of at least one Cisco solutions set, with preference for generalist knowledge across all technologies
- Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications
- Knowledge about the competition (in area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE certifications and/or industry certifications are a plus
- Understand the value of Scripting, Software and Everything as a Service.
We Look After Our People
At Cisco, diversity lays at the core of our identity. Whether looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Cisco is the type of company where you can balance outstanding work with a fulfilling life. We offer phenomenal benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match your donations of money and time
- 40 hours each year to volunteer with organizations you love
- Embracing parenthood with robust parental leave
Cisco is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics other than the ability to do the job. We will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.