Pre-Sales Systems Architect
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You will use your engagement experience and expertise to build Cisco's relevance in delivering solution development, partner ecosystem, marketing, etc. You will lead and orchestrate Cisco and Partner resources to identify & qualify opportunities, close engagements to achieve product and services bookings targets
- You will establish and maintain customer relationships at the executive / business decision-maker level.
- You will develop & present compelling business cases to customers, maintain expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case, including the drivers of cost, benefit and risk.
- You will partner closely with Engineers/Architects to align the technology architecture to the customer's desired business outcome and ensure customer success by orchestrating resources to assist the customer in realizing the full value of their technology investment.
- Develop & lead business value-based opportunities within targeted accounts - often over 12-24-month sales cycles.
- Share detailed execution plans and progress with field leadership and account teams.
- Enhance Cisco's solution portfolio over time, focused around key customer requirements and aligned with Cisco products and solutions.
- Provide regular reporting of account engagement progress on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Engage, advise and mentor sales teams on Customer Experience imperatives and business value based consultative selling approaches
Who You'll Work With
You‘ll work directly with Customers, Partners, and Cisco experts, to identify our customers needs and provide to them the right solutions. This role allows flexibility, customer engagement, groundbreaking technology and career mobility. Teaming with an account manager, you will jointly engage with the customer, finding ways to pursue your customer's concerns and challenges and will make customers more agile, improve your career and bring groundbreaking technology into the light.
Who You Are
You have an excellent understanding of Cisco products and solutions with 5+ years in systems engineering or architecture (pre and post-sales) You are experienced in pre-sales account planning and experience in life cycle project planning.
- You have project management and CxO level relationship experience Skills
- You have the strong ability to Influence internal and external resources and to collaborate with multiple account sellers
- You are flexible to set goals and priorities between organizations
- You represent the Region to Corporate and Sales Leadership
- You have strong prioritization skills with consistent record of driving results
- You are able to demonstrate value to the team and be seen as a Go-To person for top issues
- You excel at prioritizing issues based on business impact and collaborate with Operation Management team and extended team to solve issues
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Cisco certifications CCNA, CCNP - CCIE is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in Business Administration is preferred
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!