Pre-Sales Systems Architect
Location:Cordova, Tennessee, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
What You'll Do
- Senior Customer focused technical and architectural sales professional dedicated to a large global enterprise account
- You will provide a consultative relationship with the customer and collaborate with the team and business entities to develop customer focused architectures driving industry-wide innovation
- You will lead the architectural design and associated Cisco technology strategy around Data Center in alignment with key business drivers and market issues for an individual customer.
- You will demonstrate business relevancy to executive partners.
- You will be as a trusted advisor in the account to demonstrate the business value of Cisco solutions, architectures, and services by aligning opportunities with a 3-5 year cross-architectural vision.
- You will serve as the lead advocate for your customer within Cisco.
- You will interpret the customer’s business and market drivers, with the customer’s needs into strategic (long term) technical architecture to solve business problems
- You will evaluate different approaches of Cisco vs. competitor solutions and resolve approach is most appropriate for the customers problem based on how the different models solve a business problem, including knowing when to contend vs collaborate.
- You look at a deep technical component of a solution and explain how it is meaningful to a customer’s business vs a competitor
- You have skills to do a competitive analysis at the technical and business level flexibly as needed.
- You are agile/open to change/innovator/ knowledge across multiple verticals/energetic with a real passion for the role/team and the customer.
- You have a deep understanding of the industry trends in the customers vertical.
- You understand and you are able to effectively map business drivers, outcomes and capabilities to technology solutions.
- Who You'll Work With
- This role allows flexibility, customer engagement and with focus on industry leading Data Center technology.
- Teaming with an account manager, you will jointly engage with your customer, finding ways to pursue the customer's concerns and challenges and will make your more customer agile, improve your career and bring groundbreaking technology into play.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology and you love to learn.
- You have industry leading certifications (CCIE, CISSP, etc)
- You have an executive presence and ability to speak in front of large groups
- You have operational experience in areas of IT solution design, interoperability, etc
- You have extensive knowledge and experience with Data Center and Virtualization Technologies, Solutions and Architectures and extensive experience selling at the engineering level through the CxO level.
- You have expertise and knowledge of:
- Networking Protocols, design and products: BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, MP-BGP EVPN, OTV, LISP, Cisco Nexus Switching and / or similar DC Switching products.
- Software Defined Networking concepts and solutions such as ACI.
- Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, OTV, LISP, etc.
- Fibre Channel, NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing
- X86 hardware solutions.
- Rack and blade server solutions from HP, IBM, Dell
- VMware: ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), View, vCloud
- Data Center facilities: power/cooling/cabling.
- Disaster recovery solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, active/active
- High availability architectures and clustering solutions (Oracle RAC, Veritas, et al.)
- Applications: SAP, Microsoft, & Oracle suites primarily.
- Virtualization: Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization
- Databases: Oracle, SQL, data warehousing/analytics solutions
- Middleware: Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, etc.
- Competitive offerings from: vmware, Dell/EMC, HP, Arista, etc.
- Client Desktops options and offerings (Windows, Citrix)
- Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems
- Cisco: Cisco Cloud and Security solutions including TrustSec
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- You have the ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and to pursue the problem or solicit the required resources.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 10 years IT consulting and/or pre-sales SE experience across multiple industries
- Cisco product and end-to-end positioning required.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification advantageous and/or preferred.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday device. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCiscoCisco is an equal opportunity employer.
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially strong Technical Solutions Architects. If you are reading this posting, we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the near future. If you are interested in learning more about working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises a Cisco representative can contact you directly.