Pre-Sales / System Systems Engineer - Norway
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestService Provider
What you’ll do
This role is in support of the Service Provider team in Norway.
You will need to be a highly skilled, customer-focused technical sales professional who provides technical support and mentorship to customers and collaborates with the Account Manager to develop appropriate customer solution offerings on large and complex opportunities. You will have an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can craft your specialization for specific opportunities.
Who you’ll work with
The Systems Engineer will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers, designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
In addition to his/her technological aptitude, and the ability to learn and stay up to date, your interpersonal and presentation skills evoke passion and confidence. You will have direct account responsibilities for Telenor and will actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support to other Systems Engineers. You will assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
Who you are
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIP or CCIE certification is a major plus. Knowledge on Cisco equipment and OS (IOS-XE, IOS-XR, …), as well as notions of network programmability (Netconf/Yang, Python, …), SDN and network security are an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
- A high sense of ownership, coupled with winning mentality.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to assess a problem and work out an effective course of action.
- Very good interpersonal skills, capable of building trust relationships internally and at our customers.
- Work together to help others and prepared to ask for help when necessary.
- A high focus on quality and responsiveness
Actively engage SEM in region in finalizing the Territory Account Plan
- Apply business requirements to the creation of a Technical Account Plan and strategy
- Actively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars and education
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Recommend qualified partner resource if required
- Take the lead on moving deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as CSE, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Refine and research technical requirements of the opportunity
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Lead research of potential offerings for the proposed solution
Develop and Present Solutions
- Develop the technical response to RFPs or the technical elements or approach for the proposal
- Research and demonstrate solution return on investment and articulate findings to customer
- Coordinate solution development, including using replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Identify and engage appropriate post-sales support resources
- Lead and develop PoC, including presentation and documentation of test results. Consult with SEM and other SEs on proposed plans
- Coordinate the team in developing or lead development of customer presentation materials
- Lead presentation of Cisco solutions to customer, including white-boarding and presentation of technical material
- Act as a technical advisor to customer and account team in area of technology expertise, guiding the solution based on your knowledge of technology and the solution space (technical specialist SE)
- Utilize Cisco Development Organisation Requirements Process as needed for key features / product requests
- Synch with post-sales engineer and provide adequate documentation for clear handoff to post-sales organization
- Ensure minimal / no post sales time by updating requests and questions to appropriate post-sales organization (Partner, TAC, CA)
- Document PoC if applicable to multiple customers and share findings with BUs and SE Community
- Provide feedback to account team on opportunity performance and request individual feedback
Personal and Organizational Development
- Share technical, professional, and sales skills and knowledge with others
- Promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems
Competency and behaviour
Creating Business Relevance
- Study key customers and industries in your specialty, to gain a strong understanding of key technical drivers and market issues
- Articulate how technical leaders plan for their future network environments
- Consults with customers about how Cisco solutions can impact their Network Architecture, as well as drive their business and technology strategy and goals
Solution and Architectural Selling
- Develop a strong understanding of the various types of architectures and how they’re interconnected
- Ensure the features, benefits, and architectural impact of Cisco technology are understood and valued
- Lead the development process of business cases for architectural solutions
- Position the appropriate Cisco services for customers to consider when deploying a technology solution
- Ideally you will need to have strong knowledge in Routing & Switching and Networking Platform Design
Building Competitive Intelligence
- Develop a good understanding of technological capabilities and limitations of key competitors
- Effectively highlight Cisco’s technological advantages and disadvantages from the customer’s perspective
- Know when to collaborate and when to compete with other key providers in an account
- Identify technical win strategies from a business and technology perspective
Optimizing Sales Performance
- Lead the ongoing Account Planning strategy
- Help the Account Team identify potential gaps in the customer’s network to create opportunities to enlarge the sales base
- Participate in engagements at appropriate times to provide technical expertise and address customer issues
- Use Cisco defined processes and tools such as SFDC to navigate through the sales cycle
Working Across Boundaries
- Help the Account Team and customer ensure technical initiatives tie into the customer's strategy and goals
- Identify and effectively use Cisco technical resources needed to drive engagements
- Maintain and develop relationships with Channel partners and ecosystem partners
- Establish collaborate relationships with internal resources such as BU(s), Customer Advocacy Sales and Delivery, and SE technical specialists
Driving the Cisco Vision
- Promote the long-term architectural value of Cisco to business and technical leaders
- Articulate the unique value obtained by integrating the various Cisco technologies, capabilities, and solutions into a customer’s network
- Help identify innovate ways Cisco advanced and new technologies / solutions can be integrated with existing Cisco solutions
At Cisco, each person brings their excellent talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.