Pre Sales Engineer/Observability/APM/AWS- 8 to 12 years - Mumbai
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestService Provider
Cisco AppDynamics is the Full Stack Observability company.
We enable customers with real-time insights into applications, servers, networks, security, business KPIs, user experiences, and more. This helps our customers rationalise and improve their complex and often geographically disparate architectures, accelerating their digital transformation from a reactive to a proactive culture. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
Cisco was voted #1 best company to work for by Fortune 100 best places to work!
We are FSO. We are Cisco. The Bridge to Possible.
About The Role
As a Sales Engineer at Cisco AppDynamics, you will be responsible for providing world class full customer lifecycle sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on Full Stack Observability and AppDynamics. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasise AppDynamics' industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating AppDynamics' ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer's production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers' success.
You will work on a range of accounts from large listed Enterprises to exciting small-medium business.
You are ambitious, self-motivated, and have experience with performance management technologies and techniques and cloud native architecture.
Key qualifications we are looking for include:
• 2+ years experience working with laaS and PaaS offerings in one or more of the following cloud service providers: Azure, AWS, GCP.
• Conceptual knowledge of cloud native architecture.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
• Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ.
• Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
• Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting.
• Experience with API level integrations
• Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
• Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today's application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
• Ability to work on multiple opportunities concurrently.
• Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift.
• Conceptual knowledge of OpenTelemetry and, more broadly, Observability.
• Experience with common.NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
• Experience with common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc.
Good to have :
- Functional knowledge of SAP.
- Conceptual knowledge of Application Security domain.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (39 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.