Pre-Sales Engineer Datacenter – Apprentice – France
Location:Issy Les Moulineaux, Ile De France, France
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Location: Paris, France
Start Date: September 2019
Duration: 3 years
Cisco is the worldwide leader in IT networking that that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. Cisco transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Our technology is changing the nature of work and the way we live.
Cisco’s activities are built around offers to providers and companies. The solutions for company are split into 4 product families:
- Unified wired and wireless infrastructure
- Unified communications and Collaboration.
Cisco Systems France gathers more than 650 people working for French clients, mostly around sales activities, pre-sales support and services. Technical support is provided by consultants in unified communications and collaborations to help our local, nationals and international customers and reseller partners on projects around IP phones, videoconference, unified communications, customer relationship or collaboration.
In order to ensure the continuous improvement for our sales’ teams support and our offers’ development, we are looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer in Datacenter.
Do you have a passion for technology particularly in the world of the Data Center such as SDN, Stateless Computing, Virtualization, Containerization, Storage & Hyperconvergence?
As an apprentice, you’ll get support and guidance to best apply your strengths, passion, and skills within Cisco. By immersing yourself in how our teams work, you’ll gain relevant experience to be successful in your chosen career. You'll receive applicable Cisco certifications via classroom training or through a local university. You’ll create a strong community, thanks to a brilliant group of current apprentices, mentors, managers, and more — all ready to guide and advise you.
You will work on the most advanced technologies in our Labs & Showrooms used to demonstrate our products, technologies and solutions around SDN, Computing, Storage, Virtualization, Containers, and programmability.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate, on a daily basis, our products and technologies to our customers, partners, and prospects
- Turning demonstrations in reality
- Follow-up projects (technical answers to RFI/RFP, architectures, product positioning,…), with a particular focus on assisting the team on Proof of Concepts
- Maintain up to date the demonstrations (upgrades, insertion of up-to-date hardware)
- Develop and maintain tools & documentation for our Labs / Showroom.
This mission will allow you to discover and work on the most advanced and innovative technologies in the field of Datacenter, while engaging on topics such as infrastructure programmability.
- Graduated from a Bac+2 degree (DUT, BTS…), you are pursuing an Engineer degree (level bac +5) in Computer Science, Telecommunications or other similar degrees and you are willing to join the team for a 3-year apprenticeship contract.
- Fluent in English and French
- You would like to work with the pre-sales team, in a high value-added technological environment, whilst developing your skills and autonomy.
- Technical skills : IP Networks, OS knowledge, Virtualization, Network Services L4-L7, development skills (such as python)
- Good presentation skills, ability to work in a team.