Power Delivery Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
We're looking for an experienced Systems Power Hardware Engineer. Responsibilities include:
• Innovate and design board-level power conversion. Analyze performance, cost, reliability and availability trade-offs.
• Familiar with Intel VRTT test suites for Intel CPU and memory power testing for server products
• Hands-on experience with power supply stability test, Bode plot testing and power validation tests for on board power systems.
• Generate test reports, run the tests and analyze the test results.
• Partner with power industry vendors for evaluation and adoption of the most compelling cutting edge technologies and engage cross functionally to ensure successful roll-out, testing and complete validation.
• Provide technical guidance and direction while troubleshooting complex system level power delivery issues.
• Perform DC Drop and Thermal analysis to identify high current via or local DC hot spots
• Do Electrical validation and debug of the Power Supply Unit in Server environment
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) is an innovative solution that unifies computing, networking, solid-state application acceleration technology and systems management into a single integrated architecture, has received strong support from customers since entering the server market seven years ago. Cisco UCS is a key part of Cisco's Data Center strategy with high growth expected over the next several years
OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
• BS degree with 3 to 5 years or MS degree in Power Electronics or related discipline, knowledgeable on board power conversion design for motherboard in server or storage products.
• Hands-on experience in power electronics and electrical power engineering.
• Schematic capture, PCB layout and circuit simulation tools experience.
• Familiar with Intel CPU and memory power system designs and testing for server products.
• Hands-on experience of system-level power delivery network design, analysis and validation.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with enthusiastic cross-functional project teams.
• Familiar with power distribution and strategies in PCBs and systems
• The person is familiar with power integrity tools, such as PowerDC, and PI tools from Sigrity and Ansys
• Capable of thermal simulations would be a plus
• Familiarity with PSU is a plus
• Familiar with PMBus, sVID, SPI
• Familiar or experience with Server BMC (Base management Module) is a plus
• Familiar with IPMI and server health management
* Familiar with OS, Device Drivers and Scripting
* Familiar with lab equipment: oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
Who We are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.