Platform Software Engineer, Cameras
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Are you our next Platform Software Engineer, Cameras?
In Lysaker, near Oslo, you find Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center. We develop video
conference solutions. Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world,
without actually moving people around. The only way to make people choose digital
solutions over traveling, is to improve the technology. The technology has to be awesome
enough to become a real alternative – also in the most important meetings.
We make both hardware and software and develop all parts of Webex Devices under the
same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine
learning and artificial intelligence. Cisco Webex Devices are used by small businesses,
universities, governments, international organizations, multinational corporations, powerful
political leaders – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
We are currently looking for an experienced Platform Software Engineer to strengthen our embedded software camera team. The team is developing camera solutions optimized for video communications, ranging from embedded cameras in cost-efficient personal devices to advanced high-end solutions for large meeting rooms. Our embedded software teams a are working closely with both the hardware team and higher-level software teams to create both great hardware and software.
What you will do:
- Bring up new camera hardware with state-of-the art image sensor technology
- Write device drivers for efficient utilization of image sensors and related hardware
- Write device drivers to control stepper motors and voice-coils.
- Perform verification of electrical interfaces
- The role can also be extended towards optics, image sensor technology, image quality, algorithms for media processing and data flow, depending on your interests.
Our desired candidate has:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of C programming, Linux, device drivers, microcontroller architecture, RTOS, and real-time systems
- Experience with electrical interfaces and low-level board bring-up
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, including experience with hardware debugging and verification
- A structured and analytical approach
- Good communication skills in English, written and oral.
Knowledge of camera technology and related interface standards is considered a plus, but not a requirement.
Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center are nothing without its people. We are dependent on our people’s creativity, curiosity and ability to work together to solve interesting problems elegantly, and we work hard to be a place where people thrive and grow.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen and are proud to be #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020, and #1 Norway’s best Workplace in 2021. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating great memories
- a Cisco Play group – that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps in our in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!
Work Location: Lysaker, just outside of Oslo