Location:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who We Are
Sedona was an innovative startup in the field of network control that was recently acquired by Cisco. As part of the Massive Scale Infrastructure Group (MIG), we develop the Cisco Crosswork Hierarchical Controller software – a best-in-class solution that simplifies network operations of multilayer and multi-vendor Core Networks, the continent-spanning networks that form the basis of the internet.
In order to develop its product, we created a platform that simplifies the development of networking applications. After the acquisition, different groups in Cisco decided that it would be worthwhile for them to base their new products on such a platform, as well as migrate existing ones to it.
The Sedona Platform team is building this new infrastructure, that is inspired by the ideas that made the old platform successful. The goals are to create a lightweight platform, that puts security as a top priority from day one, and above all - be developer friendly.
What You’ll do
- Develop a new Kubernetes-based platform. Among the services that the platform will provide are high availability, database backup, restore, clustering and persistency, security by default, packaging, CI, and more.
- Participate in architecture discussions for new platform features. Contribute from your experience of creating good software.
- Support internal teams' migration to the new platform. Educate, discuss and investigate integration issues.
Who You are
You are an expert in Linux and Kubernetes. In addition, you are proficient with many of the technologies listed below, and are eager to learn those that you don't know:
- Micro-services based software architecture.
- Database: Postgres, clustering with Patroni, TimescaleDB.
- Security: certificate management, TLS, iptables, LDAP, SSO/SAML.
- Network troubleshooting, WireShark, BGP.
- Programming languages: Java, Python, TypeScript and Go.
- Frontend: React, WebGL.
- Misc: object storage, MinIO, Nginx.
- Proven ability as a senior software developer.
- Able to write code with strong design and coding practices.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.