Photonics Development and Test Engineer
Location:Holmdel, New Jersey, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Acacia Communications (now part of Cisco) is looking for a Photonics Development and Test Engineer for photonic integrated device and related subsystem development and test. Experiences with semiconductor device evaluation, test development, and data analysis are required. Experience with semiconductor laser development and testing is highly preferred. Programming skills (Python, Matlab, C/C++, etc.) are required.
Key Essential Functions:
- Design and implement experiments/tests to evaluate III-V devices and Si based devices.
- Design and construct lab setups to support optical and electrical test.
- Work with device engineers to analyze and close the gap between expected/simulated performance and measured results of photonic dies, devices, and modules.
- Work with device engineers to plan and procure required equipment required for test and automation.
- Implementation, automation, and optimization of optical lab test stations.
- Program to control the setups equipment and collect data automatically using languages such as Python, Matlab, Labview, and C/C++.
- Develop, maintain and improve testing software and code.
- Analyze and document device data and statistics. Visualize and report test results.
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, materials, or physics.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with optical and electrical setups, instrument control, and automation.
- Deep understanding of optics and photonics.
- Deep understanding of typical semiconductor devices, e.g., semiconductor lasers, diodes, etc
- Proficient in computer programming languages, e.g., Python, Matlab, C/C++, etc.
- Experience with data analysis and statistical analysis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.