People and Communities - Strategy and Insights Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You Will Do
The Strategy and Insights Manager is responsible for authoring and delivering industry-leading, original insights and analysis based on market intelligence, data and domain expertise. You will:
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas, including next-generation people practices, inclusion and collaboration and community impact
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, thought-leading research pieces
- Deliver actionable advice to internal Cisco stakeholders and the external market
- Respond to internal and external client questions, create content for and deliver to clients in person and virtually.
- Drive proactive engagement and help our stakeholders make progress against their critical business priorities
- Perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections, opportunity scanning, etc., in order to add value to problem-solving discussions
- Provide synthesis, insight and client implications within tight deadlines
- Lead internal knowledge development and capability-building initiatives
- Use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze datasets to distill insights.
Who You Are
- Have endless curiosity and are driven to remain ahead of the curve on developments in the field, especially in the areas of next-generation people practices, technology trends, and inclusive practices
- Are an independent and original thinker, who sees the world in new ways
- Comfortable working with senior-most levels of the company
- Are confident pursuing ambitious goals, working at a fast pace and delivering extraordinary results
- Value candor, learning, and constant improvement
- Are entrepreneurial and can drive the creation of new processes from the ground up
- A team player who excels at collaborating within and across organizations
- Attentive to detail, ensuring that all deliverables are “Executive-ready” in form and substance
Who You Will Work With
Inclusive Strategy & Futures is a newly formed function in the People & Communities (P&C) organization focused on helping to define the next horizon people strategy to achieve an inclusive experience for Cisco and our broader ecosystem.
Within this function, the Strategy and Market Insights Team is responsible for architecting the next horizon people strategy and driving the integration and activation of the strategy across P&C and Cisco. The team also develops unique research and market insights that support strategy development, innovation, and thought leadership platforms to realize an Inclusive Future.
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Substantial and demonstrated writing experience
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presenting to C-level executives and large audiences, such as at industry conferences.
- Exceptional analytical skills that drive insights from researched information
- Ability to apply conceptual models, recognize patterns and defend conclusions
- Effective project management skills
- Published works and public speaking experience are a plus.
- Intrinsically motivated to work effectively with peers to write proactive and pragmatic research
- Proficiency with content generation and digital marketing tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, social media tools)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair - Don’t care. Tattoos - Show off your ink. Like polka dots - That’s cool. Pop culture geek - Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.