People and Communities - Senior Director, Global Benefits
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Remote, Anywhere in the US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
As our new Senior Director of Global Benefits, you will drive end-to-end operational excellence across our teams and benefits portfolio that serves Cisco’s 95 countries and over 75,000 employees worldwide. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Benefits, your General Manager mindset coupled with your benefits expertise will be accountable for driving strategy, design and efficiencies across our offerings, processes, systems, and employee/family experience. Benefits is our differentiator and significantly contributes to Cisco being named #1 on the World’s Best Workplaces list for the second year in a row.
Your role within our People & Communities (HR) function will effectively unleash team capability to help power our “You at your Best” vision and Cisco’s inclusive growth for the future.
- Lead the global benefits consulting and delivery teams in the design, prioritization, and operational strategies of our benefits offerings and portfolio.
- Expand and evolve our offerings and valuable employee experience to further advance our Conscious Culture.
- Develop key metrics to effectively understand employee preferences and value, further evolving our future of work.
- Collaborate with peers across our People Experience portfolios (Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Digital Technology, Operations, etc.) to ensure an optimized, connected and highly scalable employee experience and technology roadmap.
- Curate and support Cisco’s world class, company-wide benefits response on key initiatives (e.g. pandemic, mental health, social justice, etc.).
- Ensure that our roles and resource capacity planning are organized and function in a matter that efficiently supports our benefits operating model and strategies, maximizing our potential through work with Dynamic Teams.
- Partner with the VP of Global Benefits to drive organizational health, workforce planning and budget management.
- Partner to drive Cisco’s Inclusive Future for All and People Deal strategies through cross-functional and personalized experience approaches.
- Create “better together” opportunities across our function and People Experience organization (Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Digital Technology, Operations).
- Influence our supplier partners to institutionalize fairness and full spectrum diversity across their people and services that support Cisco’s employees, and their communities.
- Create new, simplified ways to communicate and engage employees globally and locally, enabling our strategy of all employees and families knowing the benefits most relevant to them.
- Drive effectiveness in planning, governance, and compliance to protect our brand and unleash capacity to drive innovation.
- Lead the team’s regional and global planning and management of the $2.7B fringe budget.
- Optimize our benefits portfolio by evaluating both existing and new offerings, driving a simplified prioritization process that accounts for all stakeholder capacity and the right trade-offs for our benefits budget.
- Partner on the oversight of Cisco’s 401(k) and Global Retirement Oversight Committees.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure proper accountability of country statutory requirements and wage tax compliance.
Who You'll Work With
- Internal cross-functional teams and individuals (regional benefit leads, global benefit practice leaders, People Experience and People & Communities (HR) colleagues, finance, legal, operations, corporate communications, business leaders).
- External vendor partners, industry experts, corporate partners.
Who You Are
- Recognized global benefits expert with demonstrated thought leadership in employee benefits for a large multi-national employer.
- General Manager mindset with strong business acumen and people leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to efficiently bring decisions to closure with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organizational, communication, financial and cultural awareness skills across geographies.
- Passionate about technology and how it's used to connect people and shape experiences
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems of significant impact.
- Self-starter and team player with a visionary and pragmatic lens.
- In summary, we are looking for a world class leader who will build team capability and effectively partner across our ecosystem teams and partners to achieve our company Purpose - To Power an Inclusive Future for All.
Our Minimum requirements for this role are:
- BS/graduate degree required with 15+ years of deep experience in employee benefits across health and welfare, retirement and savings, time off, and pension plan management.
- Significant executive presence, cross-functional and external strategic partner experience.
- Global experience or equivalent complexity required.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!