People and Communities - Fairness Program Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)Anywhere US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Fairness Program Manager
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You Will Do
The PX Strategy and Operations team is looking for a Program Manager to play a key leadership role on the Fairness Program team. This Program Manager will be responsible for running Cisco’s Fairness Program and leading the team in ensuring that Fairness is embedded in all processes across People Experience as well as the various interdependencies across Cisco’s People & Communities. This role will lead the project’s strategy and implementation to ensure there is constant progression to our overall goal to prioritize areas of improvement and determine longer term investment opportunities.
In this role the Fairness Program Manager will help to design an audit process to ensure Fairness is built into all People and Communities processes that impact a Cisco employee’s lifecycle. You’ll work to ensure that progress in the Fairness Program is continuously informed by data, employee feedback and Cisco’s social justice best practices and business objectives while adhering to timelines to maintain team efficiency. This role will drive continued integration of fairness and operational excellence across the P&C organization and the enterprise globally.
As the Program Manager, you’ll:
- Co-lead a team of cross functional business subject matter authorities to develop and execute the strategy of the Fairness Program.
- Oversee implementation of the strategy and lead the day-to-day operations related to the program.
- Elicit partner feedback to appropriately gauge satisfaction.
- Provide accountability for the achievements, deliverables, communications, and change management of projects while supporting service owners.
- Prepare & present reporting to the Client on a regular cadence.
- Run regular communications between all partners via e-mail, WebEx, or WebEx Teams.
- Map & document processes & standard operating procedures.
- Run the Cisco Self ID process and regulations globally.
Who You’ll Work With
People Experience is at the forefront of Cisco's People & Communities vision, ensuring that we design and deliver the best possible experience by connecting everyone to our People and Communities offerings at the right time, in the simplest way. This position is part of the Strategy and Operations team within People Experience, however this program will also intersect with the overall People & Communities (P&C) organization. In this role, you will provide program management to dynamic teams and leaders, so they can collaborate effectively across an array of operational functions within and outside of P&C and Cisco as a whole.
Who You Are
- You understand Social Justice and promote the need for Fairness and parity for all.
- You have a strategic approach with the ability to think broadly, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks.
- You are an experienced team leader and have deployed leading-edge projects in a highly complex environment.
- You’re adept at building positive relationships with key partners and working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- You use a balanced strategic and tactical approach. You can adjust between working on high-level, long term strategies and the run-the-business, day-to-day priorities.
- You have an attention to detail and the ability to execute against tight deadlines.
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Experience leading projects following Waterfall and SAFe Agile methodologies.
- Outstanding project management skills, with a hands-on, action-oriented style
- Critical thinking, judgment and influencing skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills that educate and influence senior leaders
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, Smartsheet and Sharepoint.
- 7+ years experience managing programs with multiple enterprise wide workstreams
- 7+ years using Change Management principles and practices to achieve desired outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Project Management Professional Certification Preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair - don’t care. Tattoos - show off your ink. Like polka dots - that’s cool. Pop culture geek - many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.