People and Communities - Compensation Consultant
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)Open to other non-bay area locations in the US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
As a compensation consultant in the Global Compensation Practices and Year Round Rewards Team, you will research, design, and implement Compensation programs, policies, and procedures which are informed by industry best practices, are competitive, and bring our conscious culture and fair pay strategy to life. You will lead future designs and continuous improvement for our year-round rewards, global recognition program, and hiring compensation, among others. In this role you will
- Design and implement leading-edge, efficient, and effective compensation strategies and programs while balancing unique business/geographic strategies and fairness.
- Lead and support multiple compensation projects, including the strategic assessment of program effectiveness and modeling of potential program changes, developing and managing policies and processes, and complying with regulatory changes.
- Apply compensation expertise, market analysis and insights, cost modeling, creative solutions, and operational processes to drive value and an exceptional employee experience.
- In partnership with Compensation Acquisition Integration Lead, consult on compensation issues & strategies related to acquisition integration for employees and Cisco’s strategies, programs and processes.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with People & Communities, Legal, Finance, and other key stakeholders, and serve as subject matter expert on all elements of Cisco's compensation strategy.
Who You'll Work With
You are part of our Compensation Team in People & Communities where you will work with a diverse group of people across the company who care deeply about people, are highly driven and who strive for excellence and continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to lead dynamic teams and partner across Finance, Legal, Operations, and People & Communities. This role may evolve to a people leader position in our Global Compensation Practices team.
Who You Are
You connect the dots, are resourceful, and proactive in delivering results in a matrixed, global company. You love to propose your cutting edge ideas by crafting a story supported by data and with people at the center. You’re a good listener because you enjoy learning and gaining context, and you share your knowledge to help others. You have strong excel skills and a passion for compensation. You apply critical thinking, sound judgment and a pragmatic approach to decision making and problem solving. You can build strong relationships with stakeholders and demonstrate effective interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to gain others confidence. You are great at leading people through dynamic teams, and may have an interest in people leadership. Your skills are highly regarded, partners seek your opinion and expertise, and others look forward to working with you to solve business problems and drive success. You work in a way that helps others be their best with outstanding results.
- 7 - 10 years of progressive compensation and/or HR partner experience with increasing levels of responsibility orchestrating end-to-end compensation offerings from innovative strategy and design to effective implementation and continuous improvement, with a focus on digitized solutions and the employee experience.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. Additional formal education (MBA, MS) and Compensation Certification is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of base, bonus / incentive and stock plans design, strategies, and principles. Country compensation expertise is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing effective and innovative compensation programs and processes
- Solid technical, quantitative and analytical / modeling abilities and skills
- Strong project management, organizational and technical skills.
- A global and cross-cultural perspective of business and compensation issues.
- Understanding of current strategies and ability to implement new initiatives in response to or anticipation of changing business demands
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Experience working effectively with internal clients/partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, and a proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!