People and Communities - Business Value Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You Will Do
As a Business Value Manager, you will:
- Drive analytical work to support the development of enterprise people strategy, global inclusion and collaboration strategy, and the community impact and next-horizon impact programs.
- Build data-driven models that will be used to create ground-breaking thought leadership platforms
- Develop the financial and business value cases to support new innovative processes for Cisco
- Work on dynamic teams focused on driving an Inclusive Future, both internally and externally
- Communicate findings and recommendations to senior-level audiences
Who You Are
- Are an analytical thinker, with a talent for using data to quantify opportunity and build business cases
- Are confident pursuing ambitious goals, working at a fast pace and delivering extraordinary results
- Value candor, learning, and continuous improvement
- Are entrepreneurial and can drive the creation of new processes from the ground up
- A team player who excels at collaborating within and across organizations
- Attentive to detail, ensuring that all deliverables are “Executive-ready” in form and substance
Who You Will Work With
- Inclusive Strategy & Futures is a newly formed function in the People & Communities (P&C) organization focused on helping to define the next horizon people strategy to achieve an inclusive experience for Cisco and our broader ecosystem.
- Your work will span all areas of the team, including people strategy, inclusion and collaboration, and community impact
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Financial acumen, with deep quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Problem-solving skills with an ability to evaluate alternative data sources and proxies
- Domain expertise and insight generation
- Ability to develop novel conceptual frameworks and approaches
- Familiarity with statistical analysis (e.g., cluster analysis, regression, Monte Carlo, classification…)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience in working with SQL/Query languages and tools
- Exposure to databases like Teradata, SAP Hana, Snowflake is desirable
- Experience in designing and building data models and forecasts from scratch
- Knowledge of digital marketing approaches (e.g., growth marketing) is a plus
- Exposure to other programming languages (e.g., Python) is a plus
- Ability to tell stories with data
- Professional experience in corporate development, management consulting, finance, or related field is a plus
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair - Don’t care. Tattoos - Show off your ink. Like polka dots - That’s cool. Pop culture geek - Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.