People Experience Fairness & Inclusion Operations Leader
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAny Location
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
Fairness at Cisco is the foundation of our Inclusive Culture. It is through this shared value employees are afforded equal opportunities, free from bias, in the design, planning and execution across our People and Communities (P&C) offerings and services.This role will lead the People Experience (PX) Fairness team and drive Fairness in our core processes, policies and programs while future proofing how we craft new initiatives to include Fairness. This role will drive the PX Fairness roadmap and influence ongoing strategy. The role will partner with areas across P&C and partner closely with Inclusion & Collaboration and Legal. This role will work to ensure that progress in Fairness is continuously informed by data, research and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) standard methodologies. Will consult with partners and teams across P&C offering specific subject matter expertise on inclusive design, bias mitigation, process improvements, reforming systems of inequity, identity dynamics across the full spectrum of diversity and multicultural proficiency. General responsibilities include:
- Manage, grow and develop a team of four plus others on stretch assignments
- Prioritize opportunities and build roadmap to improve fairness into existing and emerging solutions, policies, and processes
- Create recommendations in partnership with Offerings SMEs, I&C and legal
- Build business cases and secure resources and funding
- Drive tracks of work across a dynamic team
- Build positive relationships with Offering SME’s, key partners while working collaboratively in an evolving environment
- Pull together and lead dynamic teams to ensure inclusion efforts and activities are not in a silo
Who You Are
Core requirements of candidates:
- 13+ years of experience
- Experience managing teams directly and indirectly
- Deep knowledge of systems of inequity, inequality, and oppression and can share standard methodologies for embedding inclusion to drive real outcomes
- Significant experience in DEI and driving DEI projects
- Ability to create an environment for those around you to do their best work while using their strengths and growing their skills
- Adept at building positive relationships with key partners across multiple functions and working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive short term execution aligned to long-range objectives with a focus on operational excellence
- Innate ability to coalesce large, complex problems and break them down into concrete components
- Flexibility to change and the instincts to adapt to a high-energy, dynamic environment and a collaborative culture
- Results driven, committed style
- Strategic mentality with an ability to think about processes broadly, refine questions, probe for understanding and find connections to other work
- Strong listening skills and the ability see potential areas for improvement
- Flexibility to change and the instincts to adapt to a dynamic environment and a collaborative culture
- Proactive approach, entrepreneurial mindset, and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience partnering with human resources, legal, IT and/or people operations is a plus.
- Educate and influence partners and stakeholders
- Overcome resistance to change and teach others to do so as well
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.