Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
P&C COMMUNITY PARTNER – DATA CENTER ENGINEERING AND IBNG PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
This role will be the P&C Community partner aligned to the Data Center Engineering and the full Product Management function across the Intent Based Networking Group – IBNG (covering Data Center and Enterprise Networking organizations)
THE BUSINESS YOU’LL WORK WITH
Data Center Engineering: Including Nexus switching, ACI and DCNM, and Nexus Dashboard, this organization is responsible for driving innovation and development across Cisco’s Data Center portfolio. Data Center as a business contributes over $4 Bn to revenue annually. The organization has over 1500 employees, located primarily in the US and India. This role supports the Ronak Desai, leader of the Data Center engineering organization as well as executives reporting in to Ronak.
IBNG Product Management: The Product Management function is responsible for setting product and business strategy for the Intent Based Networking Group (IBNG). IBNG covers the core of Cisco technology across Enterprise Switching, Routing, Wireless, Network Management and Data Center Networking. Combined, these technologies deliver over $16 Bn in annual revenue to Cisco. The Product Management function is responsible for driving business growth, profitability and competitive insights across these technologies. The role will support the following leaders who combined have a headcount of ~800 employees.
Greg Dorai – VP, Enterprise Switching & Wireless
Jeff Scheaffer – VP, Routing, SDWAN & DNA Center
Thomas Scheibe – VP, Data Center Networking
Yousuf Khan – VP, IBNG Technical Marketing Engineering
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role will be the P&C Community Partner for Data Center Engineering, Data Center Product Management & Enterprise Networking Product Management, you will partner with SVP/VPs in each of these groups, as well as their leadership teams to guide, leverage, and execute Cisco’s talent strategy solutions globally, and be the thought leader to help business in this critical time where we experience fierce competition as well as tremendous market opportunities.
In this role, you’ll partner with business leaders and the P&C ecosystem in the following areas:
- Partner with the leadership team of aligned groups to create people strategy and plans that will advance the business and create an inclusive future, as well as supporting team and executive development of the senior leaders.
- Collaborate and execute on talent investments that align to each business strategy and integrates all relevant elements of the P&C strategic framework and enterprise talent strategy
- Participate in the M&A integration of acquisitions including key player and culture assimilation to ensure success
- Demonstrate thought leadership on the evolving role of P&C, technology trends, and relevant research while staying informed on external learning trends, best practices, and broader learning strategies.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of relevant global P&C experience
- The ability to communicate succinctly with all levels of the organization including one-on- one coaching and meeting facilitation
- Experience driving large-scale change and connecting P&C strategy to business outcomes
- Experience collaborating with and influencing stakeholders across a large-scale, matrixed environment
- Prior consulting experience in technology, software, or enterprise organizations
Successful candidates possess these capabilities
- Strong business acumen and learning mentality
- Track record of credible transformation-centric business partnership and change leadership
- Demonstrated success in establishing business relationships as advisor, source of judgment and expertise, ability to influence in a complex, fast-paced matrix environment
- Expertise to identify and drive HR solutions aligned to business strategy
- Effective pacing, prioritization and sequencing of work
- Working both strategically and operationally to get results including an experience of working at both ends of the spectrum and a passion to hold self and teams accountable
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!