People & Communities (HR) M&A Deal Lead
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Strong preference for Mountain (MT) or Pacific (PT) time zones, other US time zones will be considered.
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You are interested in partnering with Cisco’s businesses to transform our company! Cisco HR is inspiring today's talent for tomorrow's Cisco. As an “HR Deal Lead” (HR Consultant) you’ll serve as the HR functional lead on dynamic acquisition project teams, leading the HR activities for an acquisition in early discovery and business case development, negotiations with key executives, HR due diligence, organizational alignment and integration. You will help implement HR strategies that accelerate the transformation of talent, leadership, culture, and organization.
Who You'll Work With
Come join our HR Acquisitions team and partner with the Centers of Excellence, Total Rewards, Cisco and Acquired company leaders and the cross-functional acquisition integration teams from Engineering, Services, Sales, Supply Chain, and Support functions who lead the Acquisitions innovation engine for Cisco. The Acquisition Integration space is one of, if not the, most cross-functional space in the company. Over time and many deals, you’ll touch every aspect of Cisco’s business. Acquisitions are a strategic growth vehicle for Cisco, accelerating entry into new markets and adding teams with unique talents. You’ll also work with a high-performing team of experienced, dedicated M&A experts who have a passion for helping make acquired leaders & teams successful inside of Cisco.
Who You Are
Do you have expertise in these areas?
- Building rapport and trust quickly with all levels, including executives
- Flexible problem-solving – to consider creative solutions to new and challenging situations
- Knowledge of matrixed organization structure
- Ability to flex between big picture/strategy and detailed execution
- Experience in executive negotiations
- Knowledge of employment law
- Comfort with employment contract review
- Effective communication skills: both in live communications with all levels of employees as well as written - developing/delivering team presentations and writing/editing employee communications
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link business strategy to organization design principles and integration approaches
- Understanding of the impact of business decisions on the motivation, morale and retention of employees
- Executive influence and negotiation skills with the ability to quickly bring to closure decisions with multiple stakeholders with strong and varying views
- Ability to convey confidence and strong leadership presence – whether live or via Telepresence
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role
- 12+ years’ experience with a minimum of 5 in Human Resources and 2 of those in client facing roles.
- Strong preference for Mountain (MT) or Pacific (PT) time zones. Other time US zones will considered.
- High customer service orientation, consistently seeking creative solutions to produce a win/win for both Cisco and the acquired company employees
- Ability to process new information quickly, take in alternatives, and make sound decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience in change management and handling challenges in a climate of change
- Ability to be available at off hours during heavy deal execution times and travel at short notice as there may be unpredictable travel requirements at times, dictated by the location of the deals; Normal travel expectation is 25% but could be 50% at times of high activity
- Experience with organization design and workforce planning
- Broad experience across several HR functions is desirable, especially Client-facing (HR partner), Talent Acquisition, and/or Employee Relations
- Experience working with acquisitions is highly desirable
- Strong program management skills
- Executive coaching experience
- Strong understanding of human resources functions and processes and their interdependencies
- Understand cross-functional dependencies with key partners outside of HR
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair - Don’t care. Tattoos - Show off your ink. Like polka dots - That’s cool.