People & Communities (HR) Leader - Germany
Location:Garching, Bayern, Germany
Additional Location(s)Other main Cisco offices in Germany
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What you'll do
You have a deep understanding of the business landscape, external market insights in region and country, and Cisco’s people agenda. You are responsible for cohesive planning with HR Functions and teams to influence the prioritization, localization (if needed), solutions, and execution of Business and HR strategies, initiatives, and programs. This includes, but is not limited to: Inclusive Workforce Planning, Talent Management and Development, Employer of Choice/ Branding, Conscious Culture, Employee Relations / Industrial Relations (inc. Works Council engagement).
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with the communities we serve, aiming to understand its members, the community’s goals, pain points and user experience
- Provide strategic consulting to connect community’s imperatives and their short and long-term people plans
- Act as a coach, trusted advisor and HR champion to community leaders/leadership groups to help drive adoption and delivery of people plans, build capability and evangelize strategic goals
- Leverage insights and data to build deep understanding of the business, market, and community trends and future-focused needs
- Use relevant data to interpret, shape and monitor people plans that meet now and future community needs
- Leverage consulting skills, change leadership and problem-solving techniques to help shape and define community needs and solutions
- Partner to define and drive transformative change to support each community’s people plans and strategic imperative such as Inclusion & Collaboration and Conscious Culture
- Partner with community leaders/leadership groups on how their communities will evolve in the future
- Help the community adopt, use and implement relevant solutions across the HR portfolio
Who you'll work with
You will partner with Germany Leaders and Ambassadors to evangelize the HR country and functional strategies, feeding insights into priorities, provide strategic consulting, drive adoption, ensure positive employee experience, and ensure scaling across communities.
Who you are
- You are a trusted Consultant, Advisor & Coach
- You have business Acumen
- You are a critical thinker with strategic agility
- You possess Systems/Design Thinking, are a Change Catalyst and can Influence & Consult
- Min 8 -12 years of HR Country Knowledge and Local Expertise
- Works Council experience
- Stakeholder Management skills, are able to Influence and are an effective communicator
- Collaborative and dynamic management skills
- Good judgement and can manage ambiguity
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.