Payroll Specialist - Portugal
Area of InterestFinance
Payroll Specialist – Portugal
Our payroll team looks after the payroll needs of all Cisco countries across EMEAR region. Payroll Team manages or directly runs the accurate and timely payments for over 13,000 employees in over 60 countries. This gives professionals in the team a chance to gain significant exposure to the payroll practices in many different countries.
What You'll Do
Responsible for End to End payroll process for one/several markets/countries in EMEAR in an in-house payroll processing or outsourced to local vendor. For specific countries you will be assigned to, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and controlling process of all payroll related payments to employees, Tax Authorities and Social Security Office
- Preparing payroll input, gathering information required for processing
- Employee Support
- Process all payroll related journal entries into the general ledger
- Single point of contact for the business partners (i.e. - HR and Finance)
- Requires Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3+ years of payroll experience with multi country support or equivalent experience in the areas of customer service, human resources, benefits administration, financial institution, application support or other relevant work experience
- At least 1+ years experience in Portuguese Payroll processing
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills including the ability to manipulate data accurately and the ability to create meaningful reports
- Experience with ADP GV or SAP
- Hands-on experience of data entry and data validation with an ability to carry such tasks out with a high level of discipline and accuracy
- Must possess critical thinking skills and enjoy problem solving
- A comfort level with change, the ability to adapt to change and the ability to recover quickly from adversity
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines
- Positive/can do attitude
- Proactiveness and team work disposition
- Good judgment and confidentiality
- Experience in payroll process outsourced to a vendor
- Experience in a multinational remuneration environment
- Experience with Workday and/ or Oracle
- Meets challenging deadlines under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Strong Organization skills and attention to detail
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in English (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese etc. also advantageous)
- Partnering skills – with payroll stakeholders like HR and Finance
- Sense of urgency and ownership; self-motivation to take on new challenges
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!