Partner Systems Engineer - Data Center (APJC)
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Due to the current COVID-19 health crisis, the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place and other practical difficulties associated with international travel, we are currently unable to extend offers to anyone who is not currently working/living in Singapore or whom we judge is unlikely to be able to start work for us in Singapore on our desired start date. Consequently, until further notice we will be prioritizing candidates who are in this location and whom we believe can start employment as expected in this location on our desired date. We're keeping the situation under review and we will adjust our position as relevant circumstances change.
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Every business is digitizing, every nation is becoming smart and connected, and everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
The outcomes you deliver relies heavily on applying cutting edge technologies on evolving customer needs. The level of customer intimacy to drive these outcomes are second to none. This molds you into a highly marketable and sought-after asset.
You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired, and in turn, to encourage and inspire others. You will wake up every day feeling energized, all ready to convert bold ideas to reality.
What You’ll Do
- APJC Partner Org is recruiting a Data Center Engineering Lead be the trusted technical advisor to our partners to drive the Data Center Architecture technical adoption, development and acceleration across the partner landscape
- As technical advisor, you will build and maintain a deep, sound knowledge of all applicable Data Center technologies, in order to support colleagues across APJC and help in enablement of strategic partners
- Partnering with our Data Center Go-to-Market lead and APJC Data Center Architecture sales team, you will analyse the portfolio, propose and run initiatives and activities to maximise the impact of our partners capabilities
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the partner enablement around the products and solutions in Cisco’s Data Center Architecture practice including the building of a customer demo environment.
Who You Are
- You will be a technical professional with wide and clear understanding of Cisco Data Center products, solutions, technologies and related programs.
- You will pride yourself as the Technical Lead and be the change agent to evangelize ‘Why Cisco Data Center’
- You will articulate your thorough understanding of sales processes through channel partners, and demonstrate good written, verbal communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Examples of activities:
- Lead the Data Center partner technical development heatmap and plans
- Drive Learning Maps in partnership with the other GEO’s, Global Partner Organization and the Data Center BU as part of overall plans for Architecture practice.
- You'll be the enabler for Technical training – providing, organizing, promoting, conduct New Technology or Product Enablement/Training. This includes attending the SEVT, partner first events, and own the redelivery to partners (Partner VT) in APJC
- Motivate partners to use enablement such as Black Belt, adopt demo best practices including dCloud and Partner tools.
- You shall become the trusted Partner Technical Advisor on Data Center Architecture by providing technology thought leadership to our partners. Meet with them to help shape and adopt Cisco Data Center technology internally
- Build a community of both Cisco Partner SE as well as our Partners SE’s
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.