Partner Solutions Engineer. EMEA
Area of InterestSecurity
Cisco is dedicated to providing innovative IT and network security solutions to our clients. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Cisco Partner Security and Applications Sales Specialist to join our outstanding team. This specialist will have a crucial role in identifying and cultivating partnerships with potential Cisco Security MSP’s who are selling Cisco Security products within their managed services platform. This is an exciting and unique CEO-sponsored opportunity and is essential to our goal of growing our Cisco Security portfolio and increasing our market share.
At #WeAreCisco, we strive to create an inclusive future for all. With the world running on Cisco, secure interconnectedness has never been more important, and our cybersecurity solutions provide unparalleled protection for our customers' data, people, and reputations, all from a single vendor. We take novel and innovative ideas from the drawing board to our customers, delivering dynamic solutions with real-world impact. We genuinely care about our customers, enjoy having fun, and are committed to changing lives in our local communities. Join us today!
Who You Are
The Security Solution Engineer is responsible to work with the global managed services partner and security teams to successfully develop and position new joint offerings for the managed services partners. In this position you will lead all aspects of the technical solution building process, from initial discussion, to building out technical services playbooks to helping to build out labs and supporting the regional sales teams.
You will be responsible for technically supporting our SP/MSSP strategy and driving partners to build best of breed services requiring you to have prior experience selling and deploying network infrastructure-based security solutions including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, IDS/IPS and Security Proxies. It is preferred to have SASE (SSE, SDWAN, DLP, CASB), eXtended Detection & Response and cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). Knowledge of advanced endpoint security technologies and automation is a strong benefit.
Your Impact will include the following:
· Technical evangelist - deep understanding of both security and networking fundamentals
· Solid understanding of MSSP business dynamics
· Develop strong relationships with MSSP technical sales influencers with an ongoing, persistent dialog to build vendor preference for Cisco Security
· Build, Test and Deploy
· Deliver highly technical, strategic content to external audiences to help educate and empower our clients, partners, and employees
· Influence sales process by partnering with clients and prospective customers to implement best practices within their digital environments
· Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams
· Provide technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing SP / MSSP security trends and standard methodologies being employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process—have a unique value with the customers in your district
· Direct account engagement and customer relationships are a critical part of this role
· Leverage client and SE/security engineering feedback to provide meaningful details around our service and product offerings to the appropriate internal departments for improvements
· Travel of up to 50%
· 12+ year experience in security technologies
· Advanced understanding of Cyber Security industry trends, including new products and solutions of Cisco Technologies and other third parties
· Technical Expertise on Zero Trust Architecture, Securing cloud workloads, End point security, Micro segmentation and advance Threat response & Management
· Work experience in driving Complex POV/ POCs and resolve issues related to implementation
· Proven track record in demonstrating security guidelines such as NIST,GDPR , HIPPA , PIC-DSS ,ISO/IEC 27001 etc
· Knowledge on Cyber security best practice - CIS Controls and CIS benchmarks
· Demonstrable experience with scripting languages such as Python, and API frameworks such as REST / SOAP.
· Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the MSSP Sales and Technical Sales organization
· Comfortable with creating technical content and delivery via a variety of methods – whiteboard, webinars, recorded videos, blog posts, etc
· Ability to work independently and proactively
· Exceptional written and verbal communication
· Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
· BSCS or equivalent or equivalent military experience required and 6+ years of experience as a SE/security engineer
· Demonstrable experience with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba)
· Proficiency with scripting and programming languages related to API integration and service automation
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.