Partner Sales Director - MEA
Location:Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Area of InterestSales - Product
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You will be the leader of a team responsible for the growth of our Channel business working closely with multiple cross functional teams across Theatre Sales.
In this role, you shall be responsible for:
- Delivery of the Channel Plan for the MEA region
- Developing perspective on the Channel strategy evolution
- Leading, encouraging and developing the partners team to achieve success and build an inclusive culture
- Establishing, driving and achieving common metrics of success; performance reviews & cadence
- Ensure coverage & resource alignment and run customer concerns
- Drive alignment across multiple partner groups
Who You Are
You will have a minimum of 12 relevant years’ experience working with channel partners and direct sales. You will have demonstrable sales leadership experience with a consistent track record of success both in terms of leadership and sales. You will possess both a business and technology background that enables engagement with Cisco’s sales leadership and the Executives within our Channel community, as well as the ability to promote relevance of their mission to sales organizations both within Cisco and our broader partner community. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about technology challenges.
Experience and Skills
- Several years’ experience in channel sales, direct sales or business development with a technology company
- Several years' experience in managing a local and a regional team
- Understands the importance of the channel to driving Cisco’s business
- Ability to drive strategy to execution through significant business expertise and a drive towards business outcomes
- Experience in leading direct and indirect teams across multiple geographies in MEA
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to build credibility and relationships with partner and Cisco executives
- Proven experience of building and leading successful sales team, crafting a team oriented and inclusive culture
- Proven track record to work within a geographically distributed and matrix environment, strong influencing and collaboration skills
- Proven experience in redefining organizations to make them more efficient and focused
- Displays a high of level of passion, energy, excitement and intensity for the channel and go to market and able to encourage others
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.