Partner Sales Business Development Manager
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Who You'll Work With
The Global Strategic Partner Organization is seeking a Global Partner Leader to drive the GTM motions for our Cloud marketplace strategic partnerships. The leader will work in concert with all organizations at Cisco to achieve the initiatives (where aligned) to further extend the Cisco’s cloud marketplace engagement with AWS, GCP and Microsoft Azure.
This role requires a “true go-getter” with an extensive skill set - a mixture of vision, cross-functional collaboration, sales DNA/experience, strong execution, and industry and cloud business knowledge, as well as an ability to lead a virtual team and communicate effectively with Cisco and partner executives.
What You'll Do
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Drive GTM sales strategy, sales alignment, route to market approach, and go-to-market motion with the partner. Manage and facilitate the relationship between Cloud providers and Cisco sponsors.
• In concert with Corporate Development, Strategic Partner Marketing, Global Partner leads, Business Units and others, participate in developing the vision, strategy, and success metrics for the RTM.
• Achieve joint success metrics for Marketplace revenue with Global Partner leads
• Effectively articulate and evangelize the joint value proposition of the Cloud Marketplaces to Cisco partners, Cisco field sales, and customers.
• Be accountable for resolving partnering issues and escalations.
• Coordinate the alignment of key Cisco stakeholders on GTM plans including channels, legal, marketing and other Business Units.
Who You Are
Required skills and experience:
•Experience driving new business opportunities at/with Microsoft/AWS/GCP or other cloud providers
•Proven experience leading a virtual, matrixed team. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience designing go-to-market strategies and implementing go-to-market initiatives with partners.
• Executive presence—demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Cisco and partner executives.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• Strategic partnering process and execution knowledge with demonstrable success metrics.
• 10+ years Sales or Global Partner Leadership and business development experience.
• Proven ability to execute and achieve goals. Strong results orientation.
• Negotiation skills—ability to overcome obstacles, resolve differences, and forge win-win agreements.
• Understanding of how Cisco’s field sales organization operates (roles and responsibilities, regions, segments, theaters, etc) and ability to apply that knowledge to accelerate sales joint activities.
• Broad high-tech industry knowledge, business acumen, and a passion for delivering business outcomes to customers and channel partners.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.