Partner Business Development Specialist, Security - Korea
Location:Seoul, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestBusiness Development
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate an understanding of Cisco's security portfolio, including hardware, software, and services. Provide technical insights, high-level product demonstrations, and comprehensive explanations to partners to highlight the benefits of Cisco's security solutions.
- Business Development: Identify partners who are currently selling other security products. Evaluate their potential as Cisco partners and cultivate relationships to build new business opportunities.
- Competitive Analysis: Stay informed about industry trends, competitive products, and emerging security threats. Use this knowledge to position Cisco's security solutions as outstanding alternatives.
- Lead Generation: Develop and execute lead generation campaigns, presentations, and events tailored to a target list of high-potential resellers. Collaborate with marketing teams to drive awareness and interest.
- Partner Engagement: Work closely with partners to understand their existing security challenges and demonstrate how Cisco solutions can successfully address those challenges. Form relationships with key decision-makers within partner organizations.
- Sales Support: Offer pre-sales technical support to partners, including solution demonstrations and customized proposals. Collaborate with the sales team to close deals and achieve revenue targets.
- Training and Enablement: Provide technical training and enablement resources to partners, ensuring they have the knowledge and tools to effectively promote and sell Cisco security products.
- Reporting and Metrics: Maintain accurate records of partner interactions, opportunities, and sales progress. Prepare regular reports for management to supervise the success and efficiency of business development efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Information Technology, or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in technical selling roles within the IT security industry.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding relationship and trust-building abilities.
- Self-motivated with a track record of achieving and exceeding targets.
- Technical knowledge of Cisco's security portfolio and technologies desired.
- Relevant certifications, such as Cisco CCNA Security or CCNP Security, are a plus.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.