Partner Business Development Specialist - Managed Services South Africa
Location:Johannesburg, South Africa
Area of InterestSales - Product
The Cisco South Africa team is seeking a Partner Business Development Specialist to execute and accelerate the Managed Services Strategy across our strategic partners by helping our most strategic partners build capabilities and competencies to deliver managed services solutions to our customers that are focused on operating in a hybrid and multicloud world.
The IT landscape is changing with a growing number of customers shifting their operations to leverage hybrid and multicloud environments as well as subscription models. This allows customers to free up their time and focus on their core business.
What You Will Do
This role will help to accelerate and enable Partners to build managed services on Cisco’s platforms to take advantage of the many benefits that Cisco offers and enable Partners to be more successful in the process! This position will be responsible for executing strategic projects and working with sales teams and MSPs to build focus, enable, and accelerate adoption of managed services built on the Cisco’s technology solutions.
The BDM is responsible for defining and executing strategic projects to accelerate service creation and adoption. Work with marketing teams, sales teams, architectural specialist teams, and most importantly Cisco partners. Additionally, remove barriers and reduce friction for our partners and provide the best in class experience.
- Define and execute strategic projects delivering measurable results.
- Work cross-functionally to tackle operational and commercial processes to remove friction for partners and Build business cases to gain investment.
- Build relationships with strategic partners and demonstrate how Cisco relationships with Hyperscalers can deliver incredible value to their customers.
- Explore opportunities to add value; innovate and improve processes, systems, and tools
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will have a strong technical and business acumen and the ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external teams. Strong communication/presentation skills, the aim to work autonomously within a general set or parameters, and a passion for learning about and voicing support for cloud-driven networking technology.
Every single day will be outstanding and your appetite for pursuing challenges with creative solutions, passion for disruption and unparalleled desire to be part of an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to succeed.
- 2 - 5 years demonstrated ability in the technology industry
- 5+ years experience in managed services, channel sales, solution sales, direct sales roles and/or consulting
- Shown ability to quickly build new relationships, navigate complex organizations and influence multiple partners
- Passion for learning networking and cloud technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Results-oriented, "can do" demeanor, ability and willingness to make an impact
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!