Partner Business Development Manager - Cybersecurity
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Any major US city
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Who You’ll Work With
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Cybersecurity Partner BDM role open in our Global Partner/Channel Security Cloud Sales Organization! You are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for delivering elite technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter who can build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out to details:
- You are an expert on Cisco's Security portfolio, it’s value proposition with a strong understanding of the security landscape and partner GTM strategies
- You will own strategic go-to-market strategy and lead key strategic sales initiatives within the Partner community
- You will foster key relationships with strategic Security Partners
- You have the ability to organize and energize GSSO “Focus Partners” with training, sales campaigns & initiatives
- GSSO strategies on a regional and national basis.
- Drive alignment between GSSO Americas salesforce and the GSSO Channel team to ensure field sellers and SE’s are engaged and included in Cloud specific strategic initiatives with our partner community.
- Act as main point of contact with Partner Sellers and technical specialists and GSSO CSE’s to ensure partner security practice leads are in sync and enabled on the latest product updates, competitive positioning and POV/demo tools along with proper marketing and positioning collateral and all other aids to competently sell Cloud security solutions from a technical perspective.
- Ensure proper cadence with GSSO “Focus Partner” leadership.
- Provide thought leadership amongst GSSO partners while working cross-functionally with the Cloud Security Solutions Business Unit (BU), Product Marketing (PM) and scaling via Cisco’s generalist salesforce.
- Responsible for taking the lead in planning and execution of partner Cloud Security sales plays/initiatives – including (but not limited to); roadshows, training sessions, hands-on workshops, strategic sales plays, bold takeout campaigns.
- Develop and lead security account plans and strategies for existing as well as potential customers in the assigned territory and the accounts assigned to it demonstrating all available resources (executive sponsors, marketing, technical, services, Cisco on Cisco, etc.)
- Drive double-digit revenue growth through new project identification, creation, and attach opportunities
- Forecast and report activity accurately to team manager
- Identify projects within the largest accounts and leading activities to maximize product and services revenue across the account base
- Provide customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs as required
- Forge high-level relationships within critical strategic accounts to win incremental product and service business
- Partner closely with technical resources to ensure technical excellence in all positioning, competitive analysis, proposals, and exchanges
Who You Are
- Combination of direct touch sales, business development and Channel Partner selling experience
- Experience selling complex software-based solutions such as Cisco Umbrella, DUO, Email Cloudlock and network security (Intrusion Detection, Firewall, VPN, and related technologies), Network and Systems management solutions.
- Large, complex deal management experience as well as geographic territory execution of account and partner plans
- Able to create and execute on the Partner go-to-market strategy
- Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience
- Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to maximize corporate revenue growth.
- Success closing both tactical and strategic opportunities
- Good all round knowledge of Security Market, Channel, and End-Users
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic with ability to succeed in a dynamic environment
- Goal oriented and takes ownership
- Self-starter, ability to work remotely from own initiative
- High level of attention to detail, able to demonstrate competence building and executing a large geographic plan across multiple Enterprise accounts
- Ability to travel is required
- A Bachelors level degree or equivalent technical qualification
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.