Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
What You'll Do
As an Engineer in the Global Packaging Engineering team, you will be working in a dynamic environment to deliver protective packaging that is sustainable, cost effective, and positively impacts the customer experience. Your responsibilities include:
- Work with internal and external partners to develop packaging solutions which push the "status quo" for new and innovative ideas while balancing material cost, logistics and environmental impact.
- Engage with NPI teams to influence product design and drive to minimize overall cost of product/package system.
- Drive cost and waste out of existing packaging designs.
- Understand logistics cost drivers and provide packaging solutions
- Document and communicate impact of design improvements
- Work with multi-functional teams to root cause quality and shipping damage issues
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the Global Packaging Engineering team within our Supply Chain Operations organization (Gartner #1 Supply Chain). The team is principally located in San Jose, CA, supporting the protective package development of all Cisco Business Units.
The focus of the position is on leveraging internal and external partnerships to achieve an outstanding customer experience and business results. The position requires an understanding of product design and dynamics, business management skills, packaging testing and an ability to build innovative packaging solutions. You will interface with many business areas of both Supply Chain and Engineering groups.
Who You Are
You are committed to excellence and have a passion for making a difference. You have strong communication skills, have the ability to work with leaders at all levels, and are very detailed-oriented. You can influence others for a win-win outcome and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
Our Minimum Requirements For This Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other similar engineering field
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a packaging engineering role or packaging design for electronics
- Understanding of BOMs and product lifecycle management
- Ability to manage numerous projects concurrently
- Experience and competence in digital literacy including Office (mail, Excel, Word, and Power Point) and 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Teamwork and dedication to making the team and organization successful
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.