Package Design Engineer
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Package Design Engineer
What You'll Do
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible of designing new packages types, structures and topologies needed to solve complex problems related to the upcoming of complex chip development. The candidate will part of a dynamic and talented cutting edge packaging team that oversees the next generation package trends needed for next generation complex chips.
The involvement starts from the brainstorming on different strategies to be used as potential solutions, developing first test vehicle, performing verification and validation. Will be working in a multi-disciplinary teams involved in different aspects of chip packaging such SI, PI, chip design… in addition of participating in cross-function tasks related to product integration and supplier management, the candidate will be charted to partner with internal and external organizations to develop strategies to optimize the design, performance analysis and fabrication complexity and trends.
Drive different technology design rules that are needed for different fabrication houses. Team up with other engineers performing different studies on new type of packaging concepts and translate them into business impacts.
As an accomplished and proved package engineer that demonstrated achievements in developing boards and packages with a hands on experience.
This highly motivated candidate must be strong problem solver and self-directed expected to innovative and disrupt the packaging paradigms in an organization that supports the culture of innovation and risk taking.
The candidate should be able to leverage a deep expertise in board design or already possess a deep understanding of substrate design to complete different package design tasks.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Technology and Quality (T&Q) Organization within the Supply Chain Operations organization. We are a key hub of technical innovation in Cisco. We focus on evaluating and developing new technologies to enable product differentiation. We are a highly empowered team who work on next generation technology to help improve Cisco’s competitive edge. Join us and work with smart people on a variety of smart projects planning creative solutions that bring the future even closer. You will regularly engage with:
- Business units as your partners and customers - influencing the IC Substrate design and navigating the trade-offs between performance, quality, time to market and cost to enable scaling Cisco’s hardware engineering roadmap.
- Supply Chain organization functions including Global Supply Management, Product Operations and Global Manufacturing Organization.
Who You Are
- You should have an MS degree in Engineering or equivalent, plus 10+ years package design experience.
- Experience with Cadence-APD/Allegro and/or Mentor Graphics-XPD, Autocad
- Experience with scripting tools such as Python, PERL, SKILL, etc.
- You are familiar with industry specifications and requirements
- You are focused on teamwork and collaboration, participating in cross organizational teams
- You have a high level of motivation and energy.
- You should have excellent English verbal and written communication skills to articulate ideas across different interfaces internal and external.
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.