PXE Strategic Initiatives Program Manager
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
In this role, the PXE Strategic Initiatives Program Manager understands the functional objectives or problem statement and works to drive/support the analysis of alternatives and associated business cases. This individual is able to Identify and collaborate with the key stakeholder community and drive the stated concept through a structured review process.
This role is to define and validates the project health, plan and schedule for complex projects; define metrics for portfolio success; and develop and drive governance. The PXE Strategic Initaitives Program Manager will partner with the strategic intiative PM’s to ensure alignment on the broader Cisco vision, connect the dots between PXE and the broader P&C ecosystem, work with the content and digital team to identify scalable solutions, and work on go-to-market with key stakeholders.
Main responsibilities will be focused around project planning, governance, and data intelligence analysis in partnership with the data analysis.
This role requires solid project management skills, ability to handle priorities at the same time, ability to prioritize work and clearly communicate with partners. You are able to inspire change management activities, establish relationships, and deliver on progress tracking, value benefits and communication.
- Drive alignment between business case and the delivery of projects within program
- Define program, scope, goals, deliverables, budget, and actively manage risk.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business model, operational processes, and key performance indicators.
- Develop project release plans and coordinate resources to ensure that the program is successfully completed within defined constraints
- Work with the content central orchestration team to drive the communication strategy.
- Plan changes and improvements within the program and across whole project
- Drive and maintain workstream alignment to vision and values
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s People Experience team is a newly formed team within the People and Communities Organization focused on transforming and delivering an incredible employee experience. You will work in an extremely fast paced, start up environment with an ability to own key bodies of work.
Who You Are
- Typically requires BA/BS or equivalent experience plus 6+ years Project/ Program Management related experience.
- Background in Operations and/ or Data
- Experience in leading cross functional programs and projects
- Effective at leading cross-functional and cross-organizational teams beyond “business as usual” to achieve results at pace
- Contributes to a successful team environment by being a motivator for positive, multifunctional, and well-organized change
- Demonstrates interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills in building consensus with people at all levels
- Ability to predict risk areas and create mitigation/contingency strategies
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco.