PSIRT Incident Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Cisco's Product Security and Incident Response Team (PSIRT) manages the receipt, resolution and disclosure of security vulnerabilities across Cisco's entire product line. PSIRT helps customers improve their network security through the resolution, prevention and disclosure of security vulnerabilities in Cisco products.
PSIRT seeks an Incident Manager, responsible for the management and resolution of product security vulnerabilities involving all Cisco products.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of and managing inbound reports of security vulnerabilities, engaging directly with customers and internal support teams to drive issues to resolution.
- Drafting publications for the disclosure of security vulnerabilities as well as lower-severity security-impacting defects
- Independently solve problems in broad, complex and unique network environments with mixed media and protocols
- Communicating status of PSIRT involvement at all levels of management, both internal and external
- Engaging external teams such as PR, Legal, etc. as required
- Conduct and/or lead root cause analysis of vulnerabilities
- Responding to and managing customer-impacting security events
- Working collaboratively with experts across Cisco to troubleshoot and diagnose complex technical problems.
- Typically requires BS or BA degree and 5+ years in the networking/telecommunications field.
The ideal candidate also demonstrates:
- In-depth understanding of the Cisco bug resolution process and associated tools (CDETS, etc.)
- Understanding of Cisco’s software release process for all products.
- Effective written and verbal communication regardless of audience or issue complexity
- Ability to assemble and lead virtual teams to resolve security incidents
- Understands roles and responsibilities of other Security Research and Operations teams, CA, CDO and how to best leverage their skills in the resolution of security incidents.
- Proven ability to perform network troubleshooting, including the use of various diagnostic tools such as sniffers, packet generators and test suites.
- Proven experience dealing with escalated, customer-facing issues (security preferred)