PRODUCT SALES SPECIALIST-Data Center
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You'll Do
As a Data Center Sales Specialist you will join a highly talented and result oriented Data Center (DC) Sales Team to sell Cisco Data Center products & solutions in the Greater China market across a wide spectrum of customers. In this capacity you will have to collaborate with the regional, APJC DC Team, WW DC team, BU team as well as the Greater China Cisco Sales teams. You will craft a business plan which covers customers, partners, sales enablement for partners and sales teams, competitive selling, running large and complex Data Center deals and helping grow the business across wide portfolio of Data Center products.
Role & Responsibilities
- Define sales strategy, plan, develop, and manage the landscape for a subset of the Data Center Products & Solutions, while executing Cisco's strategy and meeting Cisco's financial targets. Products & Solutions include Cisco UCS Servers, DC Networking products, Hyper Converged infrastructure products, Analytics, Cloud orchestration and infrastructure management software
- Be an integral part of the business planning process, ensure close interaction and collaboration with Worldwide Solution peers, Regional Data Center leads, and Account teams on all aspects of running the Data Center business for a segment of Greater China customers
- Collaborate and build partnerships within Cisco as well as externally with partners to drive the agreed business strategy, have regular dialogue with local and regional teams to ensure consensus with the GTM and sales solution strategy overall.
- Drive partner development & enablement, as well as anticipate new types of partners required to build future pipeline.
- Operate as part of an overall team responsible for the complete strategy, executing in conjunction with other sales specialists and account team members
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Sales is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting Worlds, Recognizing Wins, Respect and enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
The DC business is a key growth area for Cisco with a consistent track record of solid growth. This role is ultimately responsible for the Go to Market strategy and growth for our Data Center products and solutions. You will be required to work closely with the worldwide solutions peers, internal account teams, DC Architecture Sales teams and our partners.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of Data Center solutions experience in an IT sales organization that includes selling products such as servers, hyper converged solutions, DC Networking products, Cloud technologies, DC Software etc.
- Experience in building a business around DC solutions.
- Positive relationships with large Data Center customers in Greater China market
- In depth understanding of Data Center Trends and evolution
- Strong understanding of Data Center market trends and challenges
- High level understanding of Converged and Hyper Converged solutions, benefits and trends
- Deep understanding of key Cisco competitors in the Data Center and Cloud environment
- Experience in working in teams to achieve both individual and group success.
- Experience in working across Indonesia market
- Develops an insightful view of the overall business landscape, including customer and partner business drivers.
- Possesses deep understanding of complex technical sales engagements, partner profitability models at the country level and take action accordingly to ensure mutual success.
- Understands how to evaluate, interpret, and incorporate financial data in daily decisions to understand the organisation's financial goals and focus the efforts in solving complex partner and customer needs.
Executive Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain executive level relationships at customers, partners and within Cisco.
- Ability to negotiate large and complex deals
- Ability to present in customer/partner events
- Experience building actionable long and short-term account plans based on a deep understanding of the impacts of business and technology trends.
- Ability to build and pitch programs for funding, as well as execution and governance for scale and repeatability across Greater China
- Expert at identifying and being responsible for the appropriate resources (internal and external) required to develop and execute major solution strategic initiatives.
- Working across Boundaries - Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple business units, partners and solution teams in complex business engagements to use multiple IT domains in creating vertical/segment specific solutions for our customers
- Strategic Vision - Develops short and long-term strategy for business model within the country.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.