PIC Design and Test Engineer
Location:Holmdel, New Jersey, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Acacia Communications, a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is looking for a Design and Test Engineer for its innovative photonic integrated circuit (PIC) design used in communications modules and sub-assemblies. This person must have strong knowledge of optical component design, function, and test methodologies. This includes hands on knowledge of optical waveguides, modulators, photodetectors, and other passive & active optical components.
- Optimization of photonic devices designs
- Optical and electrical testing of PICs and optical test structures
- Data analysis & report generation
- Developing and executing simulations of PICs
- Collaborate with Acacia’s manufacturing team and contract manufacturers
- PhD degree in engineering or physics focused on optical communications components
- Deep understanding of the physics of optics / photonics
- Hands on experience with optical and electrical characterization and data analysis
- Knowledgeable in both simulating and testing PICs in the lab
- Proficient in computer programming languages such as C, MATLAB, and Python
- Understanding of the fabrication process of photonic integration
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.