PARTNER ALLIANCE MANAGER - GSI
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Partner Alliance Manager - Global SI
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Global Strategic Partner Organization aligns with partners to drive Transformational engagements for customers. To this end, we are looking for a Partner Alliance Manager who will be responsible for driving the global strategic alignment between Cisco and targeted Indian based Global SI (“IT SP”) by aligning the partner's solutions & GTM with Cisco. Expected technology domains areas include Cisco core technologies (examples are Data Center, ACI, IoT, Security, Software, Collaboration, etc).
In this role, You will build a 3 year joint business plan with & for assigned IT SP in partnership with stakeholders. This should include key initiatives, dependencies, execution metrics for measurement and incremental bookings targets. In the process, you will lead regular QBRs to review progress stakeholders to ensure progress is tracking to plans.
You will play a meaningful role in enabling and supporting the field and Cisco/Partner customers with all sales engagement needs. Additional responsibilities also include leading discussions with customer business decision makers regarding return on investment and business outcomes, and effectively helping the field close large deals with their partner ecosystem. While you are not be expected to be an authority in all areas, it is critical to success that you can swiftly identify the key needs and opportunities and proactively secure support for targeted initiatives with key stakeholders, and then build and manage a virtual team to success.
Who You will work with
You will own the engagement and work with key stakeholders - partner & Cisco executives and key operational leaders in cross functional groups - identify the target strategic alignments, structure a joint & differentiated business proposition & solution with mutual company support for success. From there, you will develop and lead a worldwide GTM sales strategy and drive demand for solutions and architectures working with the direct Sales teams, BUs, channels organization both at Cisco and the partner(s) as well as collaborating with Cisco & partner senior executives.
Who you are
- MBA or Advanced Degree preferred.
- 15+ years in Networking, Data center or High-Technology Industry Sales
- Experience handling Indian Global SI (IT SP) a plus
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently and with a strong sense of urgency and passion to make outstanding things happen
- Experience of working in a dynamic customer-led culture
- Experience working in matrix, complex, constantly changing and dynamic environments
- A positive, can-do and pragmatic approach to challenges and complexity and ability to learn, un-learn and re-learn
- Ability to challenge others in a constructive way to help transform, innovate
- Desired character traits: Agility, Flexibility, Grit, Passion and Resilience
- Customer & Industry Business drivers and market challenges
- Advanced understanding of the Vertical
- Drive a business outcome selling approach by consulting with customer about how Cisco's solutions can impact their business
- Business to technology translation
- Ability to capture and clearly define solution requirements
- Ability to break down a solution into its constituent, modular, and functional requirement
- Understand how Cisco software solutions complement the overall infrastructure + software architecture
- Understand the concepts of customer architecture definition and its relationship with a technology and investment strategy
- Deep understanding of Cisco's business model and solutions
- Ability to deal with “white space”, identify key opportunities, build and execute a clear and logical plan to success
- Effectively work in a matrix environment across Cisco field organization resources (i.e., Cisco Marketing, Channels, Cisco Direct Sales, Cisco Services and Cisco Capital) in a manner that ensures the Cisco based solution(s) receive proper investment focus for success
- Experience leading large complex engagements with an IT SP or similar
- Demonstrated capability to lead virtual teams with stakeholders that complement the team, enabling success in the targeted engagements
- Ability to transform Cisco technology products into innovative solutions with developed and sound business cases that align to customers business needs
- Effectively handle multiple initiatives in various stages of development
- Ability to Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and results
Architectural Solution Business Case Development
- Study key partner and customers focus industries in your specialty, to gain understanding of partner/customer's business, key technical drivers, and market issues
- Excellent business insight and financial skills to be able to effectively articulate how investing in Cisco Solutions can lead to business benefits by such things as reducing Opex, return on investment
- Ability to communicate complexity in a simple way and to adapt communication to a diverse set of audience
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels of an organisation
- You are Extremely articulate, have excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to CXOs and able to influence their decisions
- Capable of “evangelizing” Cisco's value proposition with the field sales organization, Cisco's channel partners, ecosystem partners as well as Cisco customers
- Relationship Building & Influencing Skills
- Capable of working at both the executive level (Cisco and Partner) and the field level, creating strategy and new initiatives with executive consensus and then driving execution to results with field level engagement
- Demonstrable ability to co-ordinate, collaborate and influence teams in a matrix organisation - direct, virtual - in delivering required objectives
- Be capable of establishing strong consultant-like relationships with Cisco and IT SP as a partner & customer with both business and technical leads.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart-cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought-leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.