Outbound Product Manager - SDWAN and Cloud Networking
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Compensation Range144800 USD - 214100 USD
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Who You'll Work With
The Intent-Based Networking Group is Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin. The WAN and Routing team drive multi-billion dollar revenues with branch office and enterprise edge products that integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with new technologies such as virtualization, 5G mobile data, and cloud-based IT applications. Customers range from small businesses to the world's largest retailers, financial institutions, and IT service providers. Our customers likely include your bank, apparel retailer, grocery store, superstore, and maybe even your favorite coffee shop. We are driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise SD-WAN and Cloud Networking to maintain market share leadership in a driven environment. We are owning the disruption that is occurring in branch routing and application delivery infrastructure while extending the capabilities to Cloud. The increased adoption of Cloud & SaaS applications coupled with the dramatic growth of rich media on corporate networks is causing enterprises to rethink how they architect their WANs. Hybrid WAN networks, which combine traditional MPLS WAN circuits with direct-to-Internet circuits, have emerged in an attempt to achieve the right balance of cost & performance when accessing both on-premises & SaaS-based applications. SD-WAN is a fundamentally new approach to WAN architectures that provides a simpler, more agile way to handle both hybrid and traditional WAN, alike.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for Cloud Networking and SD-WAN Outbound Product Management which includes building Go-To-Market Strategy and enabling adoption acceleration.
SD-WAN and Cloud Networking Adoption Acceleration and New Product Introduction would include:
- SASE, Cloud and Routing focused Product/Solution Bundles and Offers for Enterprise Customers, MSPs, Partners Customer and Seller (Direct Sales and Partner).
- Enablement via Executive Briefings, Roadshows, Webinars and other channels.
- Global SD-WAN Deal Management, Maintain Profitability: Discount Approval and Margin Analysis. We will Grow and Transform the Secure Multicloud SD-WAN business by actively tracking deals with sellers and partners. Theater Liaison for assigned Segment and Geo to track Trends, Competitive Insights and market requirement.
- Long Range and Short Range Strategy Planning and Execution focused towards Outbound Product Management.
- Provide feedback and insights to Engineering and Inbound Product Management on Product and Solution requirements and Gaps based on Use-cases and Competitive analysis.
- Drive Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), Solution and Offer Pricing Management - Competitive Pricing/Promotion/Packaging, Approvals and Forecast. Prescriptive Collateral Creation, training, virtual roadshows, POC/POV to drive adoption. Active Tracking & Reporting - Success and Course Correction
Who You Are
- 3+ years of Product Management role experience
- Experience in outbound Product Management
- Design effective GTM strategies, work cross-functionally to have them implemented.
- Experience with SD-WAN/Cloud/Routing products is a plus
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
- 2+ years of experience multi-tenant cloud applications delivered in a SaaS model
- 2+ years of experience cloud computing application implementations on AWS, Google Compute Engine and/or Microsoft Azure
- Maintain solid understanding of entire SD-WAN and Cloud Networking stack with understanding of the industry and competitive dynamics for SD-Wan and Cloud Networking
- Understanding of Partner landscape, Partner profitability, VARs, Distributors and System Integrators
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- 3+ years of technical marketing / technology experience
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong analytical approach, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and find meaningful insights in multi-layered data sets
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.