Optical Transceiver Module Design and Test Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who You'll Work With
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more valuable than before. To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey. TOMORROW starts here. Relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
What You'll Do
Data Center Networking BU (DCNBU) is developing the Nexus 9000 and Nexus 3000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility. DCNBU also developed a 100G and 400G Ethernet transceiver designed to drastically lower the price of optics.
Who You Are
You will work on a state of the art data center switching/routing product. Do you thrive in dynamic start-up like environment? Then we are looking for you. Come, be a part of a fast-paced team responsible for delivering data center optical solutions for large complex systems requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
· You will work as an optical transceiver design Engineer to development of novel optics for next generation Data Center optical interconnection > 400Gb/s solutions.
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry optical transceiver design experience.
- This position requires you to have proven track record experiences on 40/100/400G optical transceiver PCB schematic, signal/power integrity/EMI design.
- Proven strong hands-on design and characterization experience on optical transceiver integration development.
- You possess deep understanding and proven experience with photonics and SI modeling/simulation and layout tools.
- Familiar with optical transceiver interface requirments defined on indurtry standards such as IEEE 802.3 and OIF.
- MSEE or Master in Electrical Engineering, Photonics, Physics or a related discipline preferred.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!