Optical Hardware Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What You'll Do:
You will be responsible for testing innovative transceiver, writing part of the code to tune and validate performance of those design to have them productized into the next generation of industry leading technologies for Cisco Systems.
- Experience in hardware development and testing.
- Ability to understand HW schematics and design.
- Experience with automation software such as Python, C++.
- Cisco experience is a plus.
- Build HW set-up and develop SW to make sure they meet the product specifications for quality and performance against related standards.
- Use equipment for high-speed electro-optical testing, like sampling and real-time oscilloscopes, traffic generators and analyzer, etcetera.
- Develop automatic SW routines for modules testing.
- Document test results through definition of dedicated reports.
- Write code to create single-threaded, multi-threaded applications and user interface for manufacturing products validation.
Who You'll Work With:
You will work closely with the transceiver industries most talented HW and FW Engineering (TMG), in a cross-functional environment including Program Management and Operations.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape technologies. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.