Opportunity Manager - APJ Service Provider Business
Location:Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
You will be primarily responsible for owning and driving the deal governance and review process for critical and complex opportunities for the service provider business in APJ. You will drive proactive and timely completion of bid elements by coordinating across a range of x-functional partners. You will ensure a consistent deal review process at the right stakeholder levels to drive strategic deal engagement elements (including margin, product/software insertions etc) and avoid last minute surprises and delays.
You shall be responsible for:
- Internal X-Functional Cadence for Strategic, Large and Complex opportunities
- Provide early visibility for executive guidance, strategic alignment, decision-making and actions
- Affirm leadership direction and support; Schedule opportunity review with leaders
- Drive early x-functional engagement for such deals which may include strategic value, service offerings, non-standard T’s & C’s, 3rd party engagement etc
- Governance - Pre-Meeting preparation; Drive action items with owners & bid manager; Follow through to submission/closure
- Review and understand customer asks and competitive positioning
- Partner with Commercial finance to optimize financials, prevent discount erosion and ensure deal affordability within margin targets
- Provide input to develop realistic Get well plans to support low margin/investment deals
Who You'll Work With
You will be required to work with multiple cross functional teams across Sales, Engineering, Architecture, Services, Legal, Operations etc. You will be working very closely with a lean team of bid managers to help support the delivery of the bid/RFP documentation.
You will be supporting the APJ Service provider business, with a scope of $2B in revenues. This function is aimed at driving excellence in the deal governance process for the largest, most complex and strategic bids for Cisco in this part of the world. Driving initiatives from conception to execution, fostering alignment across multiple functions, applying best practices, seeking excellence and consistency in management practices with the ultimate goal of accelerating Cisco's growth and improving Cisco win rate in APJ.
Who You Are
Critical personality attributes include – a hands-on, can-do attitude and a highly collaborative style. Ability to influence, collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams will determine success in the role.
You have a combination of previous program management expertise, financial aptitude, logical reasoning ability and ideally, an understanding of Cisco products and solutions.
The minimum qualifications for the role:
- 5+ years in a bid management function
- Financial acumen, preferably with techno commercial experience
- Ability to develop & present strong data driven business proposals
- Ability to interact with multiple cross functional teams; Works effectively with regional and global teams.
- Excellent program & project management skills
- Action oriented, ambitious, and with a focus on results/outcome
- Asia-Pacific regional experience desirable.
- Knows how to have fun.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from smart-cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.