OpenStack DevSecOps Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
OpenStack DevSecOps Engineer
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Cisco IT’s Next Gen Cloud Service team. Next Gen Cloud Service team is responsible to build and operate OpenStack clouds on Cisco ACI SDN in a DevSecOps model. Everything we do is through pipeline driven code.
We are looking for highly hardworking individual who know clouds; who breathe clouds; who hack clouds. You should have demonstrable experience with Python or Ruby, you should understand what makes IaaS tick. It would be ideal if you are an upstream contributor to OpenStack projects.
Who You'll Work With
The Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer will be working within the broad Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, a globally distributed group working collaboratively to develop and manage the OpenStack clouds. Making use of the best Cisco has to offer by integrating these products with the wider spectrum of 3rd Party services to provide an outstanding Cloud service.
Who You Are
You are a highly inquisitive, motivated and driven person who takes time to research and understand the detail individually. Self-disciplined to manage multiple tasks in parallel with minimal oversight, yet capable of working collaboratively in a team possibly in a leading role with a demonstrable record of delivering large scale projects.
You should have an expert knowledge of current standard methodologies and products available for automation and management.
Technical Expertise / Experience Required:
- Solid cloud infrastructure background and operational, fixing and problem-solving experience
- OpenStack development and operations experience
- Experience building and supporting Software-defined storage with Ceph or other cloud-based storage.
- Hypervisor technologies including KVM
- Redhat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS build, development, and operations
- Understanding of cloud security concepts
- Policies, controls, and procedures
- Experience with tools and technologies around cloud-based systems, data and infrastructure
- Security concepts on code development and verification like SCAVA
- Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support.
- Familiar with tools like Git, Gitlab, Gerrit, and Jenkins
- Experience in building and maintaining code distribution through automated pipelines
- Programming in Python, Ruby, Go, or similar languages
- Experience with Ansible or Puppet for configuration management
- Software-defined network technologies including OVS, OVN, NFV, etc.
- QA and testing experience of your code
- Unit, Integration and Security tests
- Experience with Python code testing, Molecule for Ansible
- Agile software development practices
- Work on geographically distributed teams
- Understand IT processes, including: architecture, design, implementation, and operations
- Opensource development experience
- Ambitious, able and willing to help where help is needed
- Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
- Ready to rock and build an amazing product
Superb communication and leadership skills
Typically requires BS/BA and 10+ years of meaningful experience; Advanced degree strongly preferred
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.Cisco connects everything. We connect enterprises to their customers, employees, partners and to their future –and we promise it’s going to be a forward-thinking one! Because our everyday challenge is to help you get the best out of the latest technology trends –mobility, cloud and the Internet of Things –and be your business partner in achieving your desired profitable growth. The world is going digital, and we are a driving force. We will understand your business goals and develop the right solutions and services to support it -no matter what your industry and vision is. Whether you want to deliver new customer experiences, better engage your employees, protect your information or embrace the mobile world, we can enable all that and much more for you with a technology foundation that is fast, agile and secure. Is this what you are looking for? Invite us to help show you the way.At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
?We connect everything –people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
?We innovate everywhere -From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more –from Cities to your everyday devices.
?We benefit everyone -We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
?Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
?We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation.
We are dreamers and we are doers.Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!#WeAreCisco