OpenGrok System administrator
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the design, development and operation of source code browsing service (Opengrok) with a focus on a platform that scales for a geographically distributed user base. You will integrate and automate everything in the DevOps spirit having an impact on thousands of engineers development workflows.
Who You’ll Work With
A small team of skilled operations engineers pushing to automate, scale and secure Atlassian-based services.
Who You Are
The focus is a DevOps role which means having a self-starter attitude, adapt to changing needs, attention to detail, automate everything, an ability to lead and train others and capable of addressing issues in a proactive manner. You can solve problems, document and communicate what is needed. You have experience with development with Python, Linux, shell scripting and Ansible. You know application lifecycle management systems, in particular, Atlassian products. You have a deep knowledge of Opengrok, and Continious integration and delivery methodologies. You have knowledge of and experience with databases like Postgres and database schemas. You know how to automate with configuration management tools, like Ansible.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of OpenGrok system admin
- 1+ years of experience with Python software development
- 5+ years of Linux (RHEL) administration
- Knowledge of one or more distributed version control systems (Git, Mecurial)
- Experience with SQL and maintaining Postgres deployment
- Experience with Ansible configuration management
- Strong oral and written communications skills addressing multiple levels of engineers and management
- Ability to execute with minimal supervision while guiding and mentoring others
- Experience with monitoring tools and their implementation
- Understanding of networking and related protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SSH)
- Understanding of HAProxy or other load balancers
- Understanding of AWS deployments
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.