Observability Sales Business Development (SBDM)
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate Locationanywhere in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Sales Observability BDM
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting new Sales Business Development Manager role focused on Full Stack Observability and Application Experience in our Global Cross Architecture Sales Organization. You are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for driving business transformation with visibility, insights, and action. Your passion encourages you to be a bold, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies to improve customer and partner impact, promote Cisco’s value proposition for our observability solution, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out the details:
- Responsible for cross-functional alignment related to the Cisco’s application and infrastructure capabilities (e.g. AppD, ThousandEyes, Intersight, etc) portfolio. Must interface closely with the following teams: Architecture Specialists (AppD, ThousandEyes, CISG), GEO based Sales Leads, Product Line Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Technical Marketing, and Channels.
- WW Go To Market Sales Initiatives: evaluating and solving for key execution initiatives to drive accelerated growth in the Full Stack Observability market.
- Partner with multiple enablement teams and organizations to drive key initiatives in the Cisco sales organization.
- Focusing on contributing to the long-term success of Cisco Full Stack Observability by being a collaborative leader among your peers and cross-functional teams and consistently seeking improvement.
- Help develop, communicate, integrate and execute the WW sales strategy within each GEO / Segment.
- Business Reporting: Report on trends, forecast accuracy, growth, attainment by GEO/Segment, and provide comprehensive competitive insight.
- Develop & communicate business/technology alignment plans to field leadership, partners, customers, and executive sales stakeholders
- Help define requirements for sales initiatives and drive alignment between Full Stack Observability sales, marketing, services, and product.
- Identify, analyze, and scale best practices.
Who You’ll Work With
This position is responsible for helping to drive growth within our Full Stack Observability business and deliver tight go-to-market integration between Cisco’s applications and infrastructure businesses. You will be chartered with aligning key sales initiatives, and implementing into the field. The ability to leverage and grow key functional group alignment and establish important strategic relationships is crucial. You’ll work closely with GEO based Sales Leads, Product Line Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Technical Marketing, and Channels.
Who You Are
- 5-7 years application monitoring and/or devops sales experience with both individual sales skills as well as direct/indirect sales leadership and cross functional experience
- Consistent track record marketing and selling emerging technology solutions and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
- Business Development and strategy experience preferred.
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and optimally communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally.
- Adept at stabilizing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
- Demonstrates relationship-building and leadership skills to influence and work across multiple organizations and levels
- Positive relationship leadership skills in a fluid complex environment are critical.
- You have experience and knowledge of direct selling and sales through a channel and demonstrated ability to conduct business development conversations with all levels of executives and management.
- You exhibit strong strategic thinking, initiative and leadership skills.
Why Cisco Full Stack Observability
Cisco is coupling its leading market position as an infrastructure technology provider with its emerging applications and observability business to deliver an even better outcome for our customers. With the breadth and depth of our portfolio, Cisco has the potential to deliver a rich set of capabilities that reach into both cloud and on-prem environments. Cisco's approach to Full Stack Observability combines visibility, insights, and action into a single, cloud-native service to help manage application performance and security. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco