Observability & Application Experience Business Development Manager EMEAR
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Alternate LocationAnywhere in EMEAR
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting new Sales Business Development Manager role focused on Full Stack Observability and Application Experience in our Global Cross Architecture Sales Organization.
The key focus areas of this job include but won't be limited to:
- Responsible for cross-functional alignment related to Cisco’s application and infrastructure capabilities (e.g. AppD, ThousandEyes, Intersight, etc) portfolio. Must interface closely with the following teams: Architecture Specialists (AppD, ThousandEyes, CISG), GEO-based Sales Leads, Product Line Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Technical Marketing, and Channels.
- WW Go To Market Sales Initiatives: evaluating and determining key execution initiatives to drive accelerated growth in the Full Stack Observability market.
- Partner with multiple enablement teams and organizations to drive key initiatives in the Cisco sales organization.
- Focusing on contributing to the long-term success of Cisco Full Stack Observability by being a collaborative leader amongst your peers and cross-functional teams and consistently striving for improvement.
- Help develop, communicate, integrate and execute the WW sales strategy within each GEO / Segment.
- Business Reporting: Report on trends, forecast accuracy, growth, attainment by GEO/Segment, and provide comprehensive competitive insight.
- Develop & communicate business/technology alignment plans to field leadership, partners, customers, and executive sales stakeholders
- Help define requirements for sales initiatives and drive alignment between Full Stack Observability sales, marketing, services, and product.
- Identify, analyze, and scale best practices.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be responsible for helping to drive growth within our Full Stack Observability business and deliver tight go-to-market integration between Cisco’s applications and infrastructure businesses. You will be chartered with aligning key sales initiatives and implementing them into the field. The ability to use and grow key functional group alignment and establish important strategic relationships is essential. You’ll work closely with GEO-based Sales Leads, Product Line Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Technical Marketing, and Channels.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for driving business transformation with visibility, insights, and action. Your passion encourages you to be a results-oriented, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies to improve customer and partner impact, promote Cisco’s value proposition for our observability solution, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
Required skills and experience:
- 5-7 years application monitoring and/or DevOps sales experience with both individual sales skills as well as direct/indirect sales leadership and cross-functional experience
- Demonstrated track record marketing and selling emerging technology solutions and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
- Business Development and strategy experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally.
- Adept at stabilizing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Strong executive presence, polished, and political savvy.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
- Demonstrates relationship-building and leadership skills to influence and work across multiple organizations and levels.
- Positive relationship management skills in a fluid complex environment are essential.
- You have experience and knowledge of direct selling and sales through a channel and demonstrated ability to conduct business development conversations with all levels of executives and management.
- You exhibit strong critical thinking, initiative and leadership skills.
Why Cisco Full Stack Observability
Cisco is coupling its leading market position as an infrastructure technology provider with its emerging applications and observability business to deliver an even better outcome for our customers. With the breadth and depth of our portfolio, Cisco has the potential to deliver a rich set of capabilities thatreach into both cloud and on-prem environments. Cisco's approach to Full Stack Observability combines visibility, insights, and action into a single, cloud-native service to help manage application performance and security. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!