Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Hardware Assurance group is looking for an OTA engineer. As an OTA engineer, you will be responsible for validating and analyzing antenna performance of cellular routers, calibrating OTA chambers, preparing reports or related documents, to provide support for the certification process. You will closely work with design team for RF design change activities and troubleshooting. The expectation of an OTA engineer at this level is the appropriate application of the following Cisco Leadership Success Factors:
Influence through Applied Knowledge
Influence through Superior People Skills
Commit to Results
Focus on the people and customer
Build Business Partnerships
Who You Are
Qualified candidates should possess:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of cellular technologies such as GSM, GPRS, EGPRS, CDMA, 1xRTT, 1xEVDO, UMTS, MIMO, LTE, 5G
- Wifi, Bluetooth, NFC, GNSS and other radio knowledge is a big plus
- Experience in interpreting global OTA standards including CTIA OTA Test Plan, 3GPP TS 34.114, 3GPP TS 37.554 and etc.
- Experience in OTA chamber range calibrations and ripple test
- Experience in carrier certifications such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and etc.
- Experience in RF test equipment such as CMX500, CMW500, MT8000A, MT8821C, Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Channel Emulator and etc.
- Experience in OTA test software such as EMQuest and AMS32
- Configure RF Test equipment for specified conducted and OTA test plans of GSM, UMTS, LTE, WiFi, and/or mmWave systems.
- Troubleshoot RF related issues
- Generate test summaries as well as related documentations
- Perform technical reviews of OTA performance data
- Collaborate with a design team for hardware improvements
- Tracking testing for multiple projects on tight schedule while providing support to complete projects within deadlines
- Experience working with external auditors on compliance initiatives, particularly in relation to ISO/IEC 17025:2017